vintage 1889 Pétrus

A/N:  recommend reading while listening to the playlist

ding
The bell on the bell to the door rang, a crisp yet loud noise ringing throughout the room.
A man wearing thick coats, a slick black hat and a  pair of weary grey eyes trudged into the bar, walking straight for the seat at the counter.
At this sight, the bartender raised a brow at this unusual visitor but said nothing about it.
"Good evening, Nakahara-san"
Chuuya nodded dismissively, "open the vintage 1889 Pétrus I have been saving"
"Will do"
It was not everyday Chuuya decided to come to this very bar to drink his most prized whine.
He sighed and opened his phone, staring at the wallpaper intently, it was of him, and his partner-ex-partner, Dazai and him while they were but of fifteen years of age. They had worked together ever since. But today, Dazai officially left the Mafia for the Armed Detective Agency. To which Chuuya felt was a stupid decision to make. He was always making idiotic choices anyways Chuuya thought to himself, although Dazai was capable when he was needed. Chuuya's destructive ability and Dazai's overwhelming intelligence made them a very dangerous duo known as Soukuko, which meant 'double black' . But on this very day, Soukuko was no more, it was only Chuuya.
He looked beside him, there was almost no one around but two men, seemingly who just turned into adults, sat by the corner, whispering excitedly to one another. A pang of mysterious sadness hit the man at that sight. He never was able to drink with his partner like that. His best friend, his partner, his optimal. Then, he realised they had no memories that weren't on the battlefield together. They never hung out within or outside the Mafia. It was like they  were just playing a part, just colleagues...
"Here it is, Sir, apologies for the time I took for it was hidden too back in the pantry"the bartender nodded at Chuuya, placing the glass and bottle gingerly onto the tabletop and then left.
Staring at the shiny whine surface, Chuuya felt a large sigh escape his mouth, a huge lump forming in his throat.
He tried to pretend he didn't care that Dazai left but the truth was, he did. He cared a lot. He knew that he would miss him terribly. But who around him would understand those feelings? He was supposed to feel happy. But who could feel happy knowing they are now enemies with the one they loved? Port Mafia and the Detective Agency were enemies, hinting that Chuuya and Dazai would now be enemies. How could the world be so cruel? Chuuya sighed again, reminiscing the past. He felt gullible thinking that Dazai would stay in the Mafia for him. He would do it for him. But Dazai didn't return those feelings, he would never, he only treated Chuuya as a tool anyways. Chuuya knew that. But he was willing to give the other everything.
Call me when you have time, will you? Partner.
Those were the last words Dazai said to Chuuya as he walked out the tall gates without turning around for one last look.
Stupid Dazai.
He was always saying the weirdest things, the most unexpected things. But Chuuya loved that about him too, the mystery Dazai always spoke with.
He picked up the glass and held it to his lips. The whine was fine, exotic even. Things that have existed for long were always better. Why isn't that true about us though? Chuuya murmured to himself. The whine was bitter. It tasted salty. It tasted of regret. With that sip, Chuuya started thinking again...
"Hey Dazai!"
"What do you want"
"You like blue?"
Dazai kind of looked shocked at that moment.
" you could say so"
At that time, Chuuya thought it was for some sappy reason, like the sky, or the sea or something romantic. Or even, he thought for a split second that it might be grey. His eyes were grey. Suddenly, as if the alcohol had awakened him. Chuuya realised.
Odasaku. His birth stone was Opal. Opal stones were blue. Odasaku. The only person Dazai saw as a person. The only person Dazai didn't see as another tool.
Chuuya clenched his glass tighter and took a huge swig.
He would never replace Odasaku. He would always be number one. He was a mere replacement, wasn't he? And that hurt. It hurt more then getting shot. It hurt more than anything.
Soon, an entire glass of whine was gone. And another. And another.
He missed him.
He could pretend not to.
But he still did.
He could pretend he didn't want to kiss him.
But he did.
He could pretend to be anything, but none of it would be true. But he still would need to pretend. No one could know of his feelings for Dazai. Not even the man himself.
The thoughts of that pained Chuuya. He couldn't imagine Dazai hanging around a bunch of other people. But what could he say? They weren't a couple, he had no right to be jealous.
If only, you had feelings for me, he thought, I specially saved the vintage 1889 Pétrus for you, hoping we could have enjoyed it together, for a different occasion...As he slowly drift off into an uneasy slumber...

(ok I was informed that Chuuya's eyes were in fact, blue fml but isok ill make up for that issue over here)

"Oi Dazai"
"What now"
"Do you like blue?"
"..."
"I guess so"
At the time, Chuuya felt like it was blue because his eyes were that colour. Now he felt gullible. The wine had awoken him. It was only blue because Odasaku's birth stone was blue. The opal.

895 words~
(my english is shit so pls forgive me)