028, 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞

DEAR, EX

"maybe... talk to him?"

scarlett sighs, looking at the man who's sitting at a dinner table next to her mom. "it's not easy."

"well," scarlett's mom leans forward. "what happened last time you didn't talk to him?"

"first of all, we broke up because he didn't talk to me." scarlett continues to lay out the plates and drink-filled cups, walking back and forth from the kitchen to the dining room, since a family dinner is being set up.

"wait, i thought you guys broke up because he kissed maia." scarlett's dad says, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"that was the second time, dad." sky says. "but yeah, scarlett, that does count. you ran off— and ran to chase."

"okay, can we not talk about chris right now?" scarlett says, walking to the kitchen and finally setting down her own plate, then sitting down. "i went so long without him and his drama."

"i'm gonna tell him you said that." sky jokes.

"well, he doesn't love me, so go ahead." scarlett shrugs, taking a bite of her dinner. then, she leans forward. "dad, how was italy?"

he smiles. "oh, it was great. we're doing great, the company. made lots of friends."

i sure hope so. you were gone for sixteen months. scarlett nods at him. just glad that he's finally back.

after the dinner, scarlett took skyler to her small house. "mom's been helping me pay for it since chase has been gone."

"it's nice," sky smiles, setting her bag down in the living room. "so, are you gonna text chris?"

scarlett purses her lips together, then pulls out her phone.

chris ; scar

scar : chris can we talk tmrw

she shuts off her phone, then shoves it back into her pocket. "happy?"

"very." sky says sarcastically, smiling at her. "wanna watch umbrella academy?"

scarlett smiles back, and the two sit on the couch and turn on the show.

a snap comes in from matt.

mega_mett44