34

Reaching to the side of him while he slept, Jayson frowned at the emptiness of the bed

Reaching to the side of him while he slept, Jayson frowned at the emptiness of the bed. Slowly opening his eyes, he looked over to see that Kasie wasn't in the spot in which she had been before they fell asleep. Groggily, Jayson sat up in the bed, looking around the room with his eyes squinted as he tried to adjust to the bright lighting.

After taking a minute to fix his vision, he looked over to the night stand that rested on his side of the bed, on top of it was a bottle of Aspirin and a glass of water with a packet of Emergen-C beside it.

Saying a silent thank you in his head, Jayson took the medication before getting up from the bed and heading into the bathroom to do his morning routine which had been more extended than his usual due to Kasie's suggestions.

After he finished up in the bathroom, he went to go see where she was, first looking onto the balcony of the hotel room, knowing how much she loved to soak in the sun. He then looked in the living room area, his face going blank once he saw her sitting on the couch with her usual blue-light glasses on and her computer; working.

He honestly thought that moving hotel rooms would maybe give her a break from working, but clearly his idea didn't work as he intended it to.

"I thought you said you weren't going to work on your birthday." Jayson spoke, making Kasie look up at him, her eyes scanning over his body before she responded.

"I didn't work on my birthday. It's the next day now." She explained.

"That meant for the whole week, mama." He chuckled, moving closer towards her to kiss her forehead and lips.

"No it didn't." She smiled onto his lips. "There's food over there. Did you take your medicine?"

"Yeah, thanks for that." He kissed her again. He loved kisses.

"You took some medicine?" He asked her, knowing how she would so casually forget about herself in certain situations.

"No, I don't get hangovers like that." She shrugged, watching as he walked over to the breakfast food that had been delivered not even twenty minutes ago but the hotel staff.

"You ate?" He asked, lifting the metal dome from one of the plates.

"I did, I wasn't really hungry though so I didn't finish it." She spoke while looking down at her computer.

She was currently working on one of her client's profiles, Zi'more Rosewood. He was looking for quite a big house down in San Antonio, Texas and had planned to go home touring with Kasie right before Christmas.

Kasie didn't know why, but she had an odd feeling when it came down to this client; he felt oddly familiar. She had the feeling of when the word is literally on the tip of your tongue, but your brain chooses not to cooperate. It was quite frustrating honestly.

She just thought she was overthinking it as usual, but for some weird reason her thoughts about this client just would not go away. Interesting.