029, 𝐰𝐡𝐲 𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐲𝐨𝐫𝐤?

DEAR, EX

nick shouts from downstairs

nick shouts from downstairs. "hurry up!"

"shut up, nick!" chris shouts back, walking closer to scarlett. "you got everything?"

scarlett scans her bag, then begins digging through it. three books, seven of every clothing item, hair brush, skin care, hats, curling iron, perfumes and lotions, macbook, chargers, money...

she continues looking through touching everything she sees. "i think so, yeah." she zips up her suit case and shoves the black handle in, and before she can even try to pick it up, chris does it for her without hesitation.

she smiles as they walk out of her room, shutting every light off in her house on the way out.

"where's jade and liam?" scarlett asks as chris begins to put every suitcase and bag in the car, starting to pack it all in perfectly.

"oh, they're arguing in the third row. something about fruit roll-ups." nick points to the van, and scarlett turns to face it. liam snatches a box from jade's hands, causing jade to freeze with widened eyes. she says something, and he immediately tosses it back to her with surrendered hands in the air.

"let's go," chris calls out, causing matt to walk to the drivers seat, nick in the front seat, and scarlett and chris in the middle. jade and liam went silent from the back.

the drive to the airport was only about fifteen minutes, yet scarlett had fallen asleep on chris. it was eleven P.M. nick, chris, and jade had planned this out as a surprise trip to new york for everyone, not realizing they had bought the plane tickets for 12:45 am instead of pm until hours before.

"alright," nick says, turning around. "we're he—" he pauses, staring at scarlett laying on chris' shoulder, a white blanket covering the two of them. he gasps, turning to matt, who giggles at his reaction.

immediately, jade, liam, and nick are silently pulling out their phones and snapping pictures. chris smiles and tries to ignore them. he looks down at scarlett and lightly shakes her, knowing she gets grumpy if someone tries to wake her up aggressively.

"c'mon, scar. we're here. i know you're usually asleep by now, but we're here." she exhales and pushes herself off of him, rubbing her eyes then looking up at nick, who swiftly puts his phone away.

"nick...?" scarlett begins to fold her blanket, also looking at nick, who's tensed up in the front seat. "you okay?"

"yup, i'm good." he nods, opening the passenger door and stepping out. matt and chris both giggle, opening their own car doors and stepping onto the concrete. scarlett, then jade, then liam follow.