𝒙𝒙𝒙𝒊𝒊𝒊. dreams becoming a reality

thirty three

thirty three. dreams becoming a reality

THE FUNERAL THE SULLY FAMILY NEVER THOUGHT THEY'D HAVE TO WITNESS HAD COME TO AN END. As the parents of the fallen boy, Neytiri and Jake got the chance to connect with the tree of ancestors, seeing their son. Jake remembered the first time Neytiri dragged him to the tree of souls, seeing Juniper after she had passed like she wasn't gone. Almost like she was indeed standing in front of him.

Yet, his heart was in pain as he realised both of his first kids were gone—now in the arms of Eywa. Jake wished it was his arms instead of the Great Mother's. He could wake up the following day from this recurring nightmare with Neteyam sleeping near his siblings, and Juniper having a restful night instead of tossing and turning in her sleep.

But, in times like this, it felt impossible.

Jake gave a reassuring squeeze on his mate's hand, wandering his gaze on the tree before him with his queue in his grasp, connecting it with the tree. He allowed the calmness he felt pulsing his blood to take over his senses, opening his eyes back in the forest. The forest where his family had grown up before the sky people attacked. Walking deeper in the first, he almost froze at the sight of Neteyam standing with his bow in his hand, aiming towards the water.

A warm smile enveloped his features, shaking himself out of his frozen trance and walking towards the boy who jumped into the lake before him, grabbing the arrow he had previously shot, "dad! Look at what I caught!"

Jake lowered to Neteyam's level as it was a younger version of the boy before his passing, tears building in his eyes absentmindedly. He inspected the fish on the tip of the arrow, "wow, that's a big one."

"It was in that pool by the rocks," Neteyam says as he attempted to pull the arrow from the hunted fish, and with the help of Jake, the arrow released. Neteyam gazed at his father, a soft smile on his expressions, "right where you said."