Percy Jackson - 1

Percy Jackson stared out at the horizon, the salty sea breeze blowing through his hair. He'd been wandering along the beach for what felt like hours, lost in thought. He was so focused on his own inner turmoil that he didn't even notice the figure approaching him until it was too late.

"Hello, Percy," said a voice behind him.

Percy turned around to see a familiar face. It was Luke, the demigod who had once been his friend but had since turned against him.

"What are you doing here, Luke?" Percy asked, his hand instinctively reaching for his sword.

"I just came to talk," Luke said, holding up his hands in a gesture of peace. "I know we haven't been on the best of terms lately, but I wanted to apologize."

Percy raised an eyebrow skeptically. "Apologize for what?"

"For everything," Luke said. "For betraying you, for working with Kronos, for causing so much trouble. I know I can't take it all back, but I want you to know that I regret what I did. I wish things had turned out differently."

Percy studied Luke's face for a moment, trying to determine if he was being sincere. Finally, he nodded.

"Okay," Percy said. "Apology accepted."

There was a moment of silence between them, then Luke spoke up again.

"Listen, Percy," he said. "I know you're going through a lot right now. With the prophecy and all that. I just want you to know that I'm here for you, if you ever need someone to talk to."

Percy was surprised by Luke's offer, but he couldn't deny that he could use a friend right now.

"Thanks, Luke," Percy said. "I appreciate it."

Luke nodded. "No problem. Just remember, we may be enemies, but we're still demigods. We have to stick together."

With that, Luke turned and walked away, disappearing into the distance. Percy watched him go, feeling a strange mixture of emotions. He didn't know if he could ever truly forgive Luke for what he'd done, but he was willing to try.

As he turned to walk back up the beach, Percy felt a sense of peace settle over him. He knew that the road ahead would be long and difficult, but for the first time in a while, he felt like he wasn't alone.

Word Count: 371