i

SUMMER

SUMMER. you liked summer, it was always a nice temperature and the sky was always clear. Not only that, but you could stay out longer and sleep in more. You yawned, your eyes trying to adjust the light of your phone. 11 27 am.

Summer was an excuse to have a cold shower. Your feet gently tapped on the floorboards as you made your way down to the other end of the hall and to the main bathroom.

The taps squeaked as you turned them, cool water dropping instantly onto your head, shoulder and back. You sighed contently, the dampness of sweat instantly leaving you. your shoulders slumped and goosebumps rode waves on your skin.

once you got out, you wrapped a towl around your now washed hair and body. you felt like going to the shop a few blocks away to get some new popsicles and essentials for the summer. enough to last you a week and keep ur minifridge stocked.

your lips thinned and your cheeks puffed out as you could already hear your siblings in their rooms or downstairs. to avoid them, you quickly slipped into your room.

going through your wardrobe, you picked out a pair of lightwashed jean shorts, white ankle socks, plain slides and a white halter top. you moisturised your skin and sprayed some perfume before applying mascara to your lashes and swiped some lip balm over your lips.

you grabbed your phone and looked in the back of the case to check that ur credit card was in there. On the way out of your room, you grabbed your black shoulder bag, checking you had everything you needed. you narrowly avoided your year-older brother, enrico as he chucked a dirty sock at you and laughed as you yelped. you flipped him off and jogged down the stairs.

your younger sisters kameya, kehziya, chaisa greeted you in their swimsuits while azlyn, your baby brother babbled in the arms of your older sister kennedy. you bid them good morning before finding your oldest brother dominic.

you saw him sat on the kitchen table before letting him know that you were heading out. your parents were already at work so dominic was the next best thing.

the sun was beating down on you as you slipped an airpod in your ear and opened your phone to select something to play. that's when a snap notification popped up.

satsuki x sent a snap
satsuki x sent a chat

you and momoi actually stayed connected after middle school. she was the only one that really understood how you felt losing your friends. sure, you also still spoke to kuroko when you saw him but it was just kind of awkward so you chose to ignore him most days.

satsuki x
| 🟥 tap to view
an unserious snap. the usual from satuski.

| hey n/n, can u meet @ maji burger?
maji burger? that's on the other side of town..

me
| if i have enough money for the train
| i'm alr out so maybe
she left me on opened..

you sighed, wondering what she had in store for you today. you clicked on one of your playlists and continued down the block.

 you clicked on one of your playlists and continued down the block