Accidetal trip to the barber's shop

Barber

I was cleaning the floor after my last client left. There’s no one else in my personal barbershop. So sometimes it can get lonely. That’s when a young lady in her early 20’s  with beautiful hair upto halfway through her back walk into my barbershop. It’s not common to see a lady walk into a barbershop.

i was surprised, and I just gawked at your long hair in amazement before snapping back to reality.

Client

Apparently my appointment at the salon had gotten canceled and so i had to head to the nearest one as I’m attending a party that night and wanted to look nice. Unknowingly, i stepped into the barbershop without paying attention the infamous blue, red and white striped poll outside the barbershop, thinking it was another salon instead. The person i asked for directions to the nearest salon also didn’t get me as i had to gesture the act of scissors cutting my hair. The person, then had sort of a degree in understanding had then lead me here.

Barber

When you walk in, I froze up and went tinto my thoughts, but quickly snap back to reality and try to welcome you without making it awkward.

I proceed towards you quickly and look at you with a warm smile.

“Welcome ma’am.. how may I help you”.

Client

I walked into what i thought was the salon and could instantly smell what seemed like the aftershave my dad used after his haircuts. I observed my surroundings, and my eyes landed on the few bulky red leathered chairs. It didn’t still occur to me that most salons don’t have these kinds of chairs but and i thought it could be a new layout or a trend to have chairs like these.

My eyes then went on to the barber who seems to be younger than me giving me an awkward stare. He looked like he was in a daze and when we made eye contact, he sobered up to greet me.

“Hi, I’m here for a trim and perhaps a bit of layering? I’m attending a party tonight and wish to look my best. Could you make it quick?”

Barber

Yours words felt like it was from a dream of mine, I’ve never had given a female a haircut. When you first came in, I thought it was on accident and you’d just leave but you stayed.

My eyes danced around your hair, observing the brown mass of beautiful locks.

“Ah.. yes definitely ma’am, please take a seat”.

I say as i turn my body to show your way to the big rustic barber chairs that were bolted heavy to the floor.

Client

I thought nothing was out of the ordinary and proceeded to follow as directed. I thought that it was my lucky day as there were no customers, thinking the barber could take his time and make my hairstyle look nice.

I made my way to the chair that was the nearest to the entrance and took my place. The feeling of sitting in that bulky chair was none that I’ve felt with the usual salon chairs as it swallows me up, making me feel small.

Barber

As you seat yourself on the big chair, I quickly tidy around the chair to condition for the cut.

When you’ve seated down, I kick the pedal in succession for a couple times until the chair is high enough for you too see most of yourself in the mirror.

Without wasting anymore time, I get my haircape. It was a big blue striped white cape. I spread it open with a quick jerk of my hand and drape it over your body, pulling the collar behind your neck. I grab your hair in one grip and pull it over the collar and pin it tightly behind your neck.