ii

YOU PANTED LIGHTLY

YOU PANTED LIGHTLY. the heat was really getting to you now. a four block walk felt like a trip around the whole of australia. you felt relief when you walked through the door, feeling the ac blast cold air from above you.

immediately, you headed for the colder isles. scanning the rows, you watched for a cold lemonade bottle or two. your hands shook slightly when the temperature dropped as you picked up the bottles.

next, you looked for popsicles. luckily enough, there was a few bags of them left. you picked one up and went to the candy aisle, picking up a box of chocolate flavoured pocky sticks and a box of four donuts.

with full arms, you walked up to the cashier and placed your items down. the man scanned your food and asked for 800 yen, to which you tapped your card and thanked the man. you put everything in your bag, rummaging through it to pick out a single popsicle as you walked down the isle.

pushing the door open, you could feel your tan already burning through. your slides slapped the concrete pavement while you sucked on your frozen treat. you could feel sweat gather in your hairline and on your neck, acknowledging how it dripped slowly.

for a few seconds, the sun was blocked by a tall boy passing you on your right. you felt the hairs on your neck rise and rubbed your nape.

holy shit they're tall, you looked back, getting a cursory glance at a head of neatly kept green tufts before they had entered the shop. your hairs didn't drop until you turned the corner. weird.. you didn't plan on meeting satsuki so early so you walked back home to pur your popsicles back in your mini fridge and relax a bit and decide if you wanted to head back out. in the end, you decided to meet satsuki and walked back out and towards the train station.

as it was deeper into the day, around 2pm, the station wasn't packed and only a few people waited on the same platform as you. your mind took you back to the boy you had walked past earlier. it's not that he intimated you but you were curious as to why your body reacted like that.

finally, your train came and you stepped into the cart. you sat down, leaning back on the seat. though satsuki had asked you to meet by maji burger, you felt cautious. maybe it was linked to the feeling you got earlier.

why did she want you to meet so deep in town when you guys lived closer together than it took to get to the place?

you noticed two people step on as the automatic door closed. blue and red hair. one was way taller than the other and had a resting bitch face and the other was soft.

tetsuya kuroko.. you'd recognise that face anywhere, your lips twitching a bit as you made eye contact. you looked up at him, "long time no talk, tetsuya."

the red head looked confused as you conversed with his friend. kuroko smiled, turning his head slightly, "hello, y/n. it has been a while, hasn't it?"

you stood up, now looking down at your friend, "so where are you and your friend heading?" you slid your hands into your pockets.