37

"Thanks Jordan

"Thanks Jordan." Kasie smiled, taking the breakfast sandwich that Jordan brought in for her. They were currently at the Houston HQ location, and Kasie was making sure that everything was in check with the operation before she would tend to the business that she came down here for.

In total she'd be staying for a week, and then heading back to Boston so she could prepare for Christmas, get some extra shopping out the way, and spend some time with her family before she was booked and busy with filming that would start in mid-January.

She had already filmed her introductory trailer for the reality show, and it was supposed to come out on Christmas day, alongside the actual trailer for the show which would be a more work related play on her introductory trailer. All in all, everything was coming together smoothly, and Kasie was honestly enjoying her presence behind the cameras a lot more than she thought she would.

Maybe it was the fact that she made sure her entire production crew were people of color? Or the fact that everyone, including herself, had good energy throughout the entire process. There were a lot of possibilities, but the one fact remains that Kasie definitely had a tv personality that folks were destined to love, and she couldn't wait for the positive feedback, critics, and overall response she got when the trailers would go up. She was beyond ready.

She had already made sure to mentally prepare her family for the possibilities and outcomes that this show will give to them. The way the mock numbers were set up for the show, she was projected to surpass some of the widely recognized reality tv shows before her; and again, she was beyond ready. She made sure her family knew that walking outside wouldn't be the same, doing regular daily tasks, and anything and everything that they showed to the public would be critiqued down to the finest detail whether they liked it or not.

Luckily, all her parents-- including Brandy & Derrick-- already had private social media pages, so they didn't have to weed out the unwanted viewers and Sasha, Jayson, and Dante were already used to the fame so she wasn't too concerned about them.

Kasie was beyond excited that she had a supportive system surrounding her, and that she was able to provide another source of money flow for those that meant the most to her.

Overall, life was going great for Kasie; there was nothing for her to complain about. Work, as hectic as it was, was still going as per usual. Her company was on the incline every single day, new houses were going up, jobs being filled, summer-programs for the youth being put in place, charity events, community service, and most importantly, her people were happy.

After she came back from Negril, there was Thanksgiving was full of love, thanks, and her and Jayson's family & friends blending, and getting to know each other, which went better than either of them could have predicted.

Deuce's birthday, which she decorated, per his request, and she made sure to go all out for her mini-bestie, giving him the Jurassic park special since he had a long-term fascination with dinosaurs. For his gift, she got him tickets to go to a dinosaur museum in North Carolina in January when the Celtics would be playing the Hornets so Jayson could be there.