01.Motel key

We are the Pogues and this summer we want to have fun without end. Here we have JJ, we have known each other since 1st grade, he is the truest Pogue of us all. The last one who would say no to fishing, drinking or surfing. Also the best surfer. Kiara, when she's not saving turtles, listening to Marley or getting a dolphin tattoo, she's with us. Actually, everyone doesn't know why, because she is rich, knows both worlds. Her family owns the Wreck, an institution. And a real cash cow. No idea what her parents think of us. Pope our mastermind. Scholarship candidate and the smartest guy I know. His father is the legendary Heyward. You name it, Heyward gets it, my favorite dad. Nobody knows what he thinks of his son either. But it doesn't matter, because he's a Pogue, just like the rest of us. Oh, and John B. You could call him the real leader of the Pogues. His father disappeared recently and he lives alone with himself. An old fishing shack in the swamp. The castle, as his father called it. John B's father disappeared at sea nine months ago. Uncle T, his guardian since he disappeared. But right now he's building houses in Mississippi. Which means he's alone right now, with his friends, of course. Also, there's me, Cassie Perez. I have a dog, Bobby. Cute little mongrel which I love more than anything. My parents Josef McCarten and my mother Sophie Perez are separated. To be exact since I was born. My twin brother Landon belongs to the Kooks. My little sister Isy lives with dad too. He married a woman with a lot of money. My mother stayed on the poor side and lives with me in a small shack. Although we don't have much but each other. I was the only one who stayed with mom, Isy visited her from time to time but Landon never did. Real asshole.

"Morning guys.", I smiled and ran down to them. "Oh we were just thinking about you," laughed JJ. Seductive boy. I rolled my eyes and smiled wider, "About what? If you're going to fantasize about having sex with me at least tell me what it's like?" I got in the boat and sat down next to Pope. "Get ready, we're picking up Kie, full speed!" yelled John B. After Kie was in and our lifesaver was to bring beer in a cooler, we headed across the swamp. We bathed and had fun. "It's that time again, I'm going to show you a party trick. It's going to work this time.", JJ stood at the front of the little boat, held the beer to his mouth and Pope drove forward at full speed. The beer splashed everywhere but in JJ's mouth. "Ugh, I'm getting this beer in my hair!" yelled Kie. All of a sudden, the boat jerked to a stop and JJ fell into the water. John B hit his head and I was on the ground, "JJ are you still alive?", I asked. "I think my verses hit the back of my head. Pope what was that about?" he started swimming toward the boat. "Sandbar. The bottom changed.", he took JJ's hand and pulled him up. "Shit man. Thank God I saved my beer. Pope peered down into the water, "Guys I see a boat on the bottom." "No way" "Don't tell me that" "Yes I do, I'm serious there's a boat down there look!". We ran to the end and looked into the water too. "Shit he's right come on let's check it out" I shouted, taking off my top and jumping into the water, JJ came right after. "Wait for us!" shouted Pope before he, John B and Kiara jumped in too. We all swam down and explored the boat until we ran out of air. "Did you guys see it?" asked Kie. "Yeah, and it's shiny new! Really pretty!!!" "A Grady-White!" exclaimed JJ, "It costs 500 grand new easy. "A real luxury barge. I think that was the boat I saw surfing in the storm yesterday." "You were surfing?!" asked Kie and I at the same time. "Very good, Pogue-style man. John B took the anchor off our boat and jumped into the water. Anxiously, we waited for him. "Any bodies? Or loot?" "No, no just a motel key." Spoke John B and was pulled up by JJ and Pope. "Great, a motel key." gloated JJ sarcastically. "Let's report it to the Coast Guard," suggested Kie. "Yeah maybe there's finder's fees," I said. "Yeah and not have to work all summer. Thanks, Agatha, you bitch.", JJ laid down and grabbed another beer.

There was quite a bit of activity at the Coast Guard. JJ and John B stood at the counter where two others were also standing arguing with the man standing behind the counter. "Hey, um, sir, we have a bo-" but John B was interrupted. "Wait a minute!" the man shouted and began to argue further with the other two. JJ and John B left all the commotion and met the others waiting up front. "That went great and now what?", I said leaning against the wood. Personally, I'd be of the opinion to just find the motel and see what's in the motel room. "I think I know how we can find out who the owner is.", "That room could belong to anyone.", Pope John B. objected, "I'm in.", JJ threw the key to Kie, "Come on! I'm standing grease." "Think of the finder's fee! Besides, you're just an accomplice anyway, right? Come on Bubba?", I tapped Pope on the shoulder and ran after the others.

The motel looked pretty destroyed. Well, the storm last night was pretty bad, too. "Is this a motel or a meth lab?", I asked. "Come on, we'll find out! This is your captain speaking. Prepare to land.", JJ, as he often does, jumped back off the boat and tied it up. "Okay will be fine.", "Hey!", Pope said after I had jumped out too. "Keep an eye on those two, will you?" "Sure thing" "We're not promising anything.", JJ and I said at the same time. "Be careful," Kie said, handing John B the key. "For real now," Kie smiled. John B accepted the key and was happy. I mean, who doesn't notice that. All the guys were into Kie. "Come on.", he tapped JJ on the shoulder and we started to follow him. I turned around for a second more: "Hey Kie, if you're serious then don't wait. There's a lot of competition!", I yelled. She pointed her middle finger and I showed her a heart. I just love Kie. "What about the mattress?" asked John B. He pointed to a wet mattress lying in the lawn. "It's moldy because of the hurricane," said JJ.

On the way to the room, we harassed John B. "Please be careful, John.", Played I imitated Kie. I patted him on the shoulder. "Idiots.", John B said and kept walking. "What was that about?", JJ asked, stopping short. "Oh, jealous?", I asked, laughing even harder. John B defended himself, "We're just supposed to be careful." "Ever since she found out about the office, she's been so... oh, please be careful, John B. I want your John D.", JJ massaged his shoulders and mimicked played Kie's voice. "Bro when are you going to clear her?", I asked. "You know the rules. No pogues and besides, JJ do have the hots for her.", he threw his head back. "Sure, she's super hot, rich and hangs out with us. Why? - I don't know, but who cares? The door is closed, I already tried," JJ said shrugging his shoulders. "You need some help. Not just a little bit. You go completely off the deep end with every girl. I can already see your drool," I laughed. "What, is that bad?" "Twenty-nine. It is." JJ knocked on the door. "Room service!" but no one answered. "Want to try it?" asked John B. "Yeah, go ahead. No straw, no cameras. No one will know."