A D M I R E D

Without further adieu, I present to you...

A D M I R E D

- lucille granger -

"Do these even work?" I queried, tinkering with The Vial.

"I bloody hope it does," replied Onyx, knocking her head back as she poured the other Vial into her mouth. "Remind me not to fool around unprotected next time."

I shook my head and chuckled. "Ah, young love."

Onyx scoffed. "Far from what love is. Do you know what love is, Lucille?"

I turned to face her and placed The Vial back into the small pouch she made me carry. "Of course, I know what love is."

"Do tell."

We walked out of J. Pippins and strode down Hogsmeade back to Hogwarts. The air was coolly and crisp, and on days like these, there's always a lumpsum of cliques trotting their way into the Three Broomsticks.

"Love is forgiving. Unconditional. Fun," I went on. "The usual stuff, really."

Before Onyx could reply, a familiar voice bantered back and forth with someone unfamiliar. Looking to our left, we notice Lorenzo in front of the pub on the floor, as if he were pushed out.

The bartender had their arms crossed over their chest. "You can't sell that kind of herb here, Mr. Berkshire. Otherwise, that'll result in a talk with your Headmaster," the bartender shook his head, "or worse— your own father."

"Oh, please," Lorenzo smirked, still on the ground, "you'd be one lucky bastard if you were really capable of getting ahold of him."

The bartender kicked dry dirt toward him before returning to the pub. Lorenzo got up and patted his clothes clean.

"Oi! Idiot!" Onyx shouted from across the path. "I assume you're on the way back to the castle?"

Lorenzo jerked his head to follow Onyx's voice. Upon noticing our presence, he smiles and makes his way towards us. His hands were in his pockets, dirt on his pants, and a few curls trickled over his forehead. In spite of what just happened, he almost looks pristine.

"What are you ladies doing here on a Friday? Especially you, Lucille. You're not one to come to Hogsmeade during Happy Hour," Lorenzo softly nudged me as I rolled my eyes. "Turning a new leaf this year, I presume?"

"You wish," I said. "We're here for this one," I elbowed Onyx. "This one likes to live life on the edge."

"Oh? How so, Onny?" Lorenzo joined us as we continued our walk back to the castle. "Did you purchase Uppers from J. Pippins? I heard they have some secretive sections that only Revelio can show you. Downers? What's your poison?"

She groaned. "I'm not a drug head, Enzo. I don't have the want to escape my reality."

"That was harsh," Lorenzo lightly shoved Onny, though he swung his arm around her as she repositioned herself. "Seriously, what'd you get from J. Pippins?"

"The Vial," I answered for her. "She's a dumb git this year. "

Onyx stuck her middle finger up as Lorenzo chuckled softly. "Naughty Onyx," he murmured, shaking his head. "Who was it that messed up?"

"Your good friend Blaise," Onyx huffed. "I swear, I feel like he does it on purpose."

"Well, that's rape," Lorenzo blurted flatly. "Say the words and I'll handle him."