38

"Nadore?" Zi'more mumbled in disbelief, his eyes running over his face, widening at the resemblance to not only Symone but to himself

"I'm sorry?" Kasie's frown deepened as she tilted her head to the side. She knew exactly who "Nadore" was, but she wasn't Kasie anymore. As far as she was concerned, Nadore didn't exist, her "father" abandoned her like the coward he is, and her "mother" was dead- at least she was supposed to be.

"Do you guys have the wrong house, orr?" Kasie dragged out, trying to ignore everything in her body that wanted to revert her old angry, broken self.

"No, um, Miss Montgomery, correct?" Zi'more stumbled over his words, completely thrown off at the fact that his first-born daughter was standing in front of him in all of her glory and success, and he had absolutely no part in helping her get to where she is.

A deep pang of regret hit deep in his heart as he watched her put on a smile and prepare to show them the home. He didn't even know where to start with an explanation- if she even wanted one. There was quite literally no way to properly explain their situation without it sounding worse than what it was supposed to be.

Symone couldn't stop staring at Kasie as she spoke. Never in a million years did she think that this would be how they met again after her overdose- she thought she'd never see Kasie again, but here she was and Kasie didn't even remember her- or if she did, she clearly wanted no parts.

Kasie continued with the tour of the home and the three that followed as she usually would, keeping everything on a strict professional level, even though she so badly wanted to slap the two fools that stood in front of her thinking they could just waltz back into her life and everything would be fine.

It was almost like they thought she'd welcome them with open arms, and that was far from what she wanted to do. Honestly, all she wanted to do at this very moment was curl up into a ball and cry, but there was business to conduct; everything else would have to wait.

This was the most confusing thing that Kasie had ever experienced, there were so many questions she wanted to ask, but ultimately refused due to her wanting to keep her sanity.

It was crazy how these two people could come into her life, and just ruin everything that she worked so hard for. Kasie had already established her family and who she loved, and that wasn't changing or altering any time soon, especially not for these two.

She knew she shouldn't have gotten so used to the happy feeling that had become a quick constant in her life, because with the opening of one door, it all came crashing down.

After what felt like an eternity, they all made it back to the Houston HQ and were currently finishing up their finalization since Zi'more saw a home that stuck out to him and decided to just go with that pick. Which was better for Kasie since she wouldn't have to physically see them again- only if she wanted to.