39

Groaning at the nippy night Houston air, Jayson put some pep in his step as he walked towards the front doors of The Loft HTX; a housing complex that had mostly penthouses, condos, and apartment style homes

Nervously making his way through the downstairs area that was most like a bar & lounge, he walked over towards the elevator, going to the sixth floor where The Loft lobby was and since he wasn't able to go up any further without a keycard.

Walking at a quicker than normal pace, he made his way to the receptionist's desk, tapping his fingers against his sweats as he waited behind an older lady who was currently talking to the only worker at the desk.

Even though his thoughts were clouded with the worry of Kasie and her well-being, he couldn't help but wonder why someone's grandma was up at two in the morning.

It was clear she hopped right out of bed too as she was dressed in her nightgown, rollers in her hair, and her cat wrapped in a blanket in her arms; it was definitely a sight to see.

Jayson honestly didn't know when he made the transition from TD Garden in Boston to the private jet touching down in Houston, but here he was, and he hoped that he didn't seem like a crazy person- let alone a crazy boyfriend. Because that truly wasn't in his intentions.

He just wanted to make sure Kasie was good, and after not hearing from her for a while, he contacted her parents and everyone else that was in their close circle and when he got the responses that he hadn't heard from them either, he only became more worried.

After a couple minutes, the older lady moved and it was now his turn to go up to the receptionist desk. Once he reached, his fingers began to tap on the counter as he waiting for the workers attention since she was typing on her computer.

"Sorry for that." She smiled softly, looking up at him. "Hi, welcome to The Loft HTX, my name is Veronica, how can I help you?" She greeted him.

"Hi, um, my wife is on the 34th floor, and I forgot the key. Can you let me up?" He spoke, hoping he could slide with his white lie. She wasn't his wife, yet.

"Your wife?" Veronica looked at him with a questioning face. She knew Kasie was the only person who lived on the 34th floor since her penthouse was quite literally the entire floor... and to her knowledge, Kasie wasn't married.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Right, well can I have your name?" She positioned her hands on her keyboard.

"Jayson Tatum." He hesitated, handing her his ID, watching as she typed on her computer, and made a couple clicks leaving him stuck in his own confusion and curiosity. All he did was inform her of his name, and it seemed as though she was typing an essay.

"Ah, here you are." She spoke, passing the ID back, making his ears perk up. He was?

"Here's your extra key, just take elevator 10. Have a nice day." She reached down below her table, passing him the key to Kasie's penthouse after seeing and confirming that he was listed as an emergency contact, and Kasie's husband on file.