When everything begins

Like every other story, this one starts with "Once upon a time...".

Once upon a time, many years before our existence, the human world had fallen into war. The ending could have been terrible for our race. But thanks to guardians of the worlds, the only consequences of people actions, was dividing the world into five individual groups. The one that got rid of the in their lives magic, wizards, witches, disciples of nature and the most mysterious one that the other four groups' calls 'those who have fallen'. Apparently, they disappeared when the war ended, and the guardians fell asleep.

-Now, will you go to sleep? - asked a middle-aged woman. She had short brown hair, black eyes, and a sweet but tired smile on her face.

-Can you tell me this fairy tale one more time? - asked a 5-year-old girl with blond hair and dark blue eyes.

-It's not a fairy tale - I said the lady getting up from the girl's bed - it happened, I see it every single night, in my dreams.

-Darling, are you telling our little princess this silly story of yours? - asked a man who seemed to be around the same age as the woman. He had blond hair and green eyes, looking lovingly at two of the three most important people in his life.

-Daddy! - yelled the blond hair girl getting out of bed and running towards the man.

-Well, hello there sweetie, shouldn't you be asleep? - he said as he picked up the kid

-Maybe, but mommy told me a great fairy tale, and she said it real- said the little girl with sparkles in her eyes.

-Really Amelia? - said the father, looking at his wife.

-It could be a woman- said shrugging - but now go to sleep, sweetie

-But mommy, when will brother come?

-Tomorow, he's having a sleepover with his friends - she took the child from the man and put her to bed - Goodnight Ali

-Good night, mommy - the mom kissed her kid's forehead and left the room with her husband.

The little girl's sleep was interrupted by loud noises. Out of curiosity, she went downstairs where the sounds were coming from. She ended up in the kitchen, and she wasn't ready for the things she saw. Both of her parents were lying in a pool of their own blood. They were still alive, but the people around them were torturing them with knives. The father was yelling at them to stop and take his life and leave his wife alone, but they didn't seem to care.

-M-mommy, what's going on? - said the terrified girl holding her blanket, trying not to cry. Everyone stopped and looked at the child.

- Alice, run! -yeeld the woman who's barely staying alive. But before the kid could do anything, one of the men took her and brought her in front of the poor woman.

-That's what you get for messing with $@#%@#*&-as he aimed the gun at the child's head the bleeding girl started begging for her life to be taken instead of her child's claiming that Alice didn't do anything wrong.

-Your lucky - he said as he made the child hold the gun and aim at the lady - I'm feeling generous today.

- Remember sweetie it's not your fault, okay?

-Mommy, what's going on - the next thing the girl knew was the man forcing her to press the trigger.

-MOM!!!- Alice was now in tears. The man let her go, and she immediately ran towards her parent.

-Mommy wake up, please mom, don't leave me please...

-Boss- another man came up to them - we already killed him. Shall we go?

He didn't answer and just left, leaving the girl in tears.

The neighbors heard the screams crying and called the police. When they arrived at the scene, they immediately took the child away from her parent's corpse and took her to the hospital to check for any injuries. Fortunately, she was fine, but her mom and dad didn't make it.

A few days after the incident, she and her brother started living at their grandparents'. Alice went to the therapist for a long time until they decided that she was fine. They were living there for 7 years until her brother whose name was peter turned 19 and his they decided to leave and live on their own, he got a decent job, and they bought an apartment on the first floor.

They were having a conversation while making dinner about their parents' death. The older was cutting the meat, and the younger was washing the dishes that they needed for later. He didn't know the details of what happened on the day that their parents died and his sister was too scared to tell him. But finally, she decided to tell him the truth. She wasn't facing him while telling him the story, so she didn't notice when her brother stopped what he was doing. Before she could even react, she felt a terrible pain in her back, and when she turned around, she saw her brother trying to attack her again. Alice barely managed to move away, but the knife still reached her face, slicing it from her forehead through her eye to her cheekbone. Before, she ran out of the house in panic, with her brother still running after her trying to stab her she heard her brother yelling.

-It's your fault! You will pay for it with your life! - Tears were streaming down both of the sibling's faces.

Peter started to slowly regret what he did just seconds ago, and Alice didn't stop running until she reached the police station. But before she said anything, she fainted from blood loss. She later woke up in the hospital bed with a bandage on half her face and on her back. Her body was sore and in pain, but she didn't say anything, and not even a single sound left her mouth. Her mind was full of thoughts. She felt guilty, scared, angry, and disappointed at the same time. Then, the doctors came to check up on her and ask her about how she was feeling. After that, they took a few tests and left her alone.

Later on, the police visited her and started to ask a ton of questions. After telling them everything, they left saying they were going to go to her house and speak to her brother. When they came back, they told the girl something she definitely didn't expect to hear. Her brother hung himself in the living room, and she then completely broke down crying, screaming and ripping her hair off of her head. Nobody could calm her down, so they decided to tie her to bed until she calmed down.

All of that happened 2 years ago. I'm now 14, living the life I never wanted. I had one reason to keep going, and that was to find out who and why killed my parents.