Dungeon Investigation

[Name] look down at his hand, feeling an odd energy coming from it.
He breathe through his nose, a cold sweat run down from his forehead.
He softly ball his hand into a fist and sighed. A few days had passed since his first mission, and he felt rather different.

"Are you okay?"

He look up, seeing Ace's worried face, and Ashley being asleep on the floor.
"I'm fine. Sorry for worrying you."
Ace nod and sat beside him.

The two of them fall into silence...The only noise that could be heard is Ashley's soft snoring.
That was until Ace rest his head on [Name]'s arm. [Name] look at him curiously.

"Is it okay if I see your wings again?"

Ace suddenly asked. The question took [Name] off guard, but he soon recover. It's been quite long since he had let out his wings...Well, it wouldn't hurt. They need to breathe too.
[Name] closes his eyes and concentrate, Ace look at him in awe as his body glow a soft light.

There, his back form a shape of his delightful wings. And once it's fully grown, he wrap his wing against Ace,

"..It's so beautiful."

Ace exclaimed as he touches it, feeling the soft feathers against his fingers.

[Name] sighed again, leaning into the soft touch.
Though their moment was interrupt when there was a knock on the door, [Name] immediately hide his wings and Ace got up from the bed to hide in the closet.

[Name] also got up from the bed and carry Ashley inside the closet, too...Thankfully the closet is big, enough for two children to hide inside.

He went to his door and open it, there stood Klaus, a stern look on his face.
"What are you doing in your room all day?"

"..Resting?"

Klaus grumbled, "Whatever, we have a new mission today. A new dungeon was discovered, and Captain Vangeance is asking us, me, you, Yuno and Mimosa, to investigate and explore the dungeon."

[Name] nodded. Klaus turn around to walk away, [Name] turn his head around and look at the closet, wondering if it's an good idea to let the children be here alone..
He knew it will gain suspicion somehow. And he decided to left them.

He look around his surrounding before closing the door, and follow Klaus.

☆☆☆

[Name]'s ears perked at the sound of unfamiliar voices, screaming.
He quickly avoid what he was currently doing and look up,

"I heard something."

He said to his group. They turn to look at him, confused. Until they heard the scream too.
The four of them immediately ran to where the source of sound was, and once arrived, they saw two people from a different squad being attacked by a plant monster.

Before [Name] could help them, Yuno came into action and used on his spells to kill the plant monster. And thankfully, the two strangers got dropped onto the ground from its vines. [Name] tilt his head slightly, amused.

"I've repaid that favor, Asta."
He says. His wind dramatically dance with his hair.

They got down, and Yuno stared at the ash-blonde stranger, who [Name] assumed is his friend.
They seemed determined getting to meet eachother again..
Then suddenly, Klaus interrupted.

"Yuno, why did you save them? Our mission is merely to capture the dungeon. In other words, we must reach the treasure hall at the center as quickly as possible. We don't have time to bother with them!"

[Name] frowned at Klaus' rude manner, though he couldn't be that surprise since he already knew what Klaus is like. The boy, who [Name] guesses is Asta, ask about this..Rude four-eyes. And Klaus took offence.

And Mimosa came over to the silver haired girl, and [Name] heard Mimosa called her Noelle.
Mimosa exclaimed that she haven't seen Noelle since royal family dinner last year..
[Name] didn't know what to do so he stood there awkwardly, wondering when they're going to keep progressing their mission.

Then, Mimosa started to 'flex'. Saying that they received their star from the Wizard King from their previous mission. And [Name] thought that wasn't even a good flex.
And the Black Bulls, [Name] assumed their squad name is, told them they themselves got a star too, a few days back. And Klaus quickly called them a liar.

"As if mere Black Bull newbies could get a star so easily. It's impudent of them to even give you this mission."

"The Wizard King asked for us directly!"

"Another transparent lie."

"I'm not lying!"

'When are we gonna get going?'

Ace narrow his eyes as he open the closet door, peeking outside. He look around, seeing that [Name] was gone.
He heard the conversation between [Name] and a Golden Dawn member about a new mission...

'Did he left us?'

He thought sadly. He pout and shook Ashley, trying to wake her up.

"Ashley, Ashley...[Name]'s gone."

Ashley stir awake, rubbing her eyes groggily. "What?"

"We're alone. [Name] is on a mission."

"He left us?"

Ashley quickly got up, surprise. Ace look at her nervously, "..I guess."

"Nooo! I was looking forward to a new mission!"

"I..I think he just needed to be quick. Maybe he'll brought us with him next time."

Ashley pout, trying to hold back her tears at in disappoinment, while Ace tries to comfort her.
"It's okay, I think he didn't mean to left us...I'm sure he was in a hurry."

Ashley sniffles, but calmed down. She got up on her feet and went to the door, "Ashley? Ashley what are you doing?"

"Explore the Headquarters.."

"Y-you know that we can't..Expose ourselves, right?"

"What are they going to do? Kick out children? Yeah, that's what I thought."

She reach for the door handle and twist it, opening the door and exiting. Ace called out for her before getting up and follow her.
Ashley had a confident look on her face while she walk through the corridor, while Ace hold onto his big sister's arm, nervous and scared of being caught.

"Where are we going?"

"Find interesting places to look at, duh! I'm not staying inside the bedroom until dad comes home, nu uh."

Ace pause for a second, before responding, "..Dad?"

Ashley stopped in her tracks, realizing what she just said.
"N-no! I meant..I meant [Name]! Yeah, [Name].."

"You called [Name] dad."

"What? No! You must have hearing problem-"

"Hey!"

An unfamiliar voice called out to them. They look up, to see one of the member of the Golden Dawn, pointing at them.

"How did you two get in here?!"

Before Ace could say anything, Ashley grab his hand and ran away. The Golden Dawn member quickly chase them down.

"Ashley, I know this wasn't a good idea!"

"Shut up!"

As they ran, they found themselves running through a corridor where other Golden Dawn members could see them. The siblings panicked, but didn't stop. They knew they had to find somewhere to hide.

..That was until they were trapped inside a blob of sand.