025: Whose Child?

"Duke Viltaria."

The head butler is about to greet the duke but gets ignored as he watches Duke Viltaria rush upstairs. This made the head butler sigh, not really understanding the reason why the duke looks so restless and uneasy.

Duke Viltaria is actually nervous.

He hurries upstairs but when he is near the room where Eugene is resting, his footsteps suddenly lowered as he stands still in front of the door.

Raising his hand...

When Duke Viltaria was about to knock, the door opened from the inside and Kaizer met a friend of his dad. 

Seeing the man standing frozen, Kaizer stares at Duke Viltaria with a confused expression and said, "Uncle Arkiton, are you here to see Eugene?"

Duke Viltaria put down his hand and fake a cough.

"Yes, I'm here to check on your friend."

"He's sleeping now, we are playing for a while but Eugene said he feel tired so he sleeps again."

Duke Viltaria shows a hesitant expression.

"Can I see him? I need to check his body."

Kaizer didn't find it strange because his uncle is also the one taking care of him whenever he is sick so maybe, Eugene could also be healed by his uncle so he let the man enter the room and watch Duke Viltaria steps inside, walking towards the position of the bed.

Kaizer stood still and look at his uncle who is staring at Eugene's sleeping face.

In a second, Duke Viltaria raises his hand and touches Eugene's head.

Kaizer can see the mist of mana on Duke Viltaria's hand and Eugene who is sleeping peacefully suddenly shows an expression of pain.

"Uncle!"

Raising his hand, Kaizer wanted to pull away his uncle's hand from Eugene's head but his uncle just gave him a cold face, full of warning. This made Kaizer dissatisfied, knowing that this is the first time that his uncle treated him indifferently so he glared at the other party and shouted, "What are you doing!" before releasing his mana and pushing the man aside, meters away from Eugene.

Kaizer's mana flow toward Duke Viltaria in attack mode.

Duke Viltaria who was caught off guard hissed in pain and with a pale face, looked toward Eugene who is still showing an expression of pain.

Kaizer finds his uncle strange...

From the moment he entered the room, his uncle's eyes never leave Eugene's figure.

"What did you do?! He's in pain! I'll let Dad know about this!"

Duke Viltaria gritted his teeth and said, "His mana is affected by yours, If I don't seal it then he'll suffer from mental exhaustion."

"I don't believe it! Your magic is strange!"

"You--"

Duke Viltaria raise his hand and was about to approach Kaizer when the door suddenly burst open.

"Lay your hand on my son and I'll let everyone know who you are."

Grand Duke Karsten's chilly eyes fell on his friend and show contempt.

If he happens to ignore the familiar mana of his son and didn't bother to check to know if his crazy friend had arrived then he is afraid that he won't have an idea of what's happening in this room right now. The worst thing is that his friend even nearly touch his son's memories which made him displease and can't help but hated the fact that he allowed his crazy friend to visit.