Introduction

Welcome to the Elysium Series: The Making. In this book, you'll be joining me on my writer's journey in creating this series.

If you're here from any of my ff books, hi! I'm so excited to embrace this journey with you! And if you're new, Hello and welcome to the mooniverse where all dreams are possible if you work for it. I'm Dee, I'm 19 and a recent graduate from pre-uni and I wrote mostly fanfics, but now I'm ready to share with you my latest creation.

Back to the purpose of this book, The Elysium series was first written back in 2018, with the perspective of Elizabeth King, a girl who was adopted by an ordinary couple until her 14th birthday and she found out that she was the lost princess from a kingdom hidden deep in the woods. The book was all about good vs evil and I have to admit it was a bit... cringy? I wrote that when I was 13 so of course it would be cringy. I'm 19 now... so...

Few days ago, I started to read many amazing original stories on wattpad, and for a moment, I could hear my inner child saying, "Dee, I want to do that again." So, here I am, writing this as I imagine my 13 year old self smiling proudly at me for picking this book up again and continuing what I started.

It's 2023 now, 6 years after I created this book.

In 2017, the book was first called Forbidden, and in 2018, it was called The Girl and The Moon. In 2023, this year, it is called Hidden and the story line was altered a bit.

Hidden will be followed by the perspective of a 12 year old boy, Garrick Finnegan instead

Hidden will be followed by the perspective of a 12 year old boy, Garrick Finnegan instead. A young boy who soon finds out that he was more than the ordinary. A half human, half fairy, with his future already written for him the moment he was born.

The story takes place in a fictional world; Moonshire, where time doesn't seemed to move and it was always either summer, spring and autumn but never winter. I got the inspiration from Once Upon A Time ( Gosh I love that show so much!) and from other films such as Miss Peregrine's home for peculiar children and The Spiderwick Chronicles, as well as other books like the House of Hollows.

Furthermore, there are other places in the stories, such as the seven realms:

- Celeya (Se.Lae.ya) - Once a kingdom that ruled over the sun and moon now turned to become the land of the forgotten souls.

- Dearotalm: Realm of the dead, Home to the shadow people and the raging seas. As well as Asfodahl (an inspiration of the Asphodel fields) where time stops and people don't age.

- Auradele: Home to the sky guardians and pegasi.

- Oceana: Sea kingdom of water faeries and underwater creatures. Also known as the land of healers.

- Earth (Moonshire) : Realm of the mortals.

- Arkaya - Home of the ironsmiths and warriors.

- Gaius - Land of the forest fairies and creatures.

I'm not sure what time period it will be, but lately I've been watching Anne with an e for reference and inspirations. Mostly on the clothes, and the atmosphere.

The Elysium Series will consist of 5-6 books, and I have already written down the ideas and descriptions for each book, and I hope Hidden is a success so I can continue with a sequel as it was supposed to.

In the next chapter, we will be meeting our characters we'll see in the first book.

Thank you for reading, and please look forward to Hidden. I'm really looking forward to start this journey with you.

Sincerely, Dee.

Vote. Comment. Share. Thank You