#4 Sign up!

Alex was conflicted as she looked up at the large building in front of her. After careful consideration and concealing her ears and tail with a cloak she decided to see what being an adventurer would be like. it made the most sense at the time and she couldn't help but gulp, staring down at the bag of coins Sara gave to her. "Lio left some money for you before going on his mission." Was what Sara said to her.. but she could assume she also put some money in here because it was alot...

She turned out to be very helpful as she pointed towards the nearest Armory that was renowned for its weapons made by dwarves... or so she heard. Alex couldn't really be amazed until he saw the armor and weapons herself... considering scams are not native to one world. She mused silently as she walked into the armory, looking around briefly before hearing a resounding. "Welcome to Melvins armory! How may I help you?" Turning she saw a skinny guy, she presumed to be 'Melvin'. Looking at his clothes they seemed to be in a condition that seemed above all the ones she noticed around the town... looking at him cautiously she turned. "I'm just looking..." 

Just as she said this, he immediately rushed forward and appeared with a sword in his hand. "Try out this! I'm sure it will suit you perfectly!" Frowning to herself, her hand reached out and grabbed ahold of the handle... it was surprisingly light as she muttered a small 'appraise' Staring at it she looked at the man named Melvin and handed it back, her hand brushing his, another appraisal happening as she touched him. "Melvin Rider... Title Con... artist..." She ignored the man at this point, going through all the equipment in the building, and gave a silent sigh.

She was starting to walk towards the door before Melvin called out. "We have a back room if  you want to see anything else?" It seemed desperate at this point but she shrugged, thinking one more check through wouldn't be bad... though she wondered why there was a room in the back in the first place... As she walked into the room her eyes widened at the quality difference. Turning back, Melvin gave a sly smile as she narrowed her eyes. "Congratulations, you passed the test." 

Alex tilted her head in confusion. "This was a test?" Melvin nodded his head. "Of course! I wouldn't want wannabe adventurers getting ahold of precious equipment like mines... if they can't tell what was useless, then they don't deserve proper equipment." Tilting her head curiously. "Isn't that dangerous, though?" Melvin shook his head, "Guilds have an expectation for gear when it comes to missions, those wannabe adventurers stick to cleaning houses for dust bunnies." He gave a booming laugh as Alex could only wonder. "So thats how he got that title..." Looking through, Melvin called after her again as she sighed, looking at him expectantly. "What kinda fighter are you?" 

Alex paused, not really knowing, she shook her head. "Well... each adventurer has some things they like to focus on, I know pretty girls like you love their daggers." He started rummaging into a chest as she watched from behind in an awkward manner. "Oh! What about magic, how's your magic skills?" She looked curiously as she opened her status window once again. "Well... I do have that skill... perhaps using magic wouldn't be the worst idea?" She wondered, before he pulled out a few crystals. "These are mana crystals! They don't look like much but if you ever feel fatigued you just crack one of these bad boys open and BAM! Regenerated mana!" 

It was like watching a toddler explaining his toys... Alex could only inch away before she bumped into a armor stand and it glowed. Jumping at the glow, she turned back to Melvin who looked on curiously. "Oh! Your affinity is strong with fire, I see!" She turned back to the man in confusion before he pointed towards the armor that she had bumped into. "This armor changes based on whoever touches it last, so of course if you are wearing it, it will change to suit you. It's very special." Touching it himself, the parts which glowed red turned back to brown. "My affinity is more Intune with earth magic. Giving a nod to confirm she understood, Alex looked towards him as she appraised the armor. "How much is it?" the stats it seemed to have were insane...