Details

{Y/n's POV}

My name is [Y/n] [L/N] and I am 18 years old. I live in Ketterdam more specifically the richer sector. I had what many called a rough childhood. I would agree. My father was a wealthy merchant and had ties to very strong and powerful people and figures. Because of this, this led to many financial and family problems. As you could predict, this led to Alcohol abuse, drugs, gambling, so on. When he went on his rampages he never touched us, that is, until on one particularly cold, snowy night. I remember it as if it was yesterday.

I was standing in the kitchen next to a broken window. The air blowing in from the empty window frame stinging at my face. My father came home from a hard loss of 1,000 kruges. He wasn't happy about the sum of money he lost, so he was fuming when he saw the window, beside the window was a red ball.

"Do you have the money to pay for a replacement?! If so cough it up!" He growled rather aggressively. I shook my head, eyes wide. My mother walked up to see what all the commotion was. She glanced at the window and back to me. She sighed walking up directly behind me. "Please Liam, she is a child you must understand-" she was cut off. "I don't care if she was a 20 year old, with how I raised her she should know better!" He glared at his wife. "I also don't remembering to permit you to speak." He roared. 

"[Y/n], darling, please go to your room. I will deal with this." She whispered. "Lock your bedroom door, don't come out no matter what." She added. I nodded. I quickly left while father was busy yelling at my mother. I ran into my room, thinking I already locked the door. I stayed huddled in the corner of my room staring at the door, listening. I grew very good at listening. I listened usually to see if father was drunk. His pace would be unsteady and harsh.

Snapping out my thoughts as suddenly I heard what sounded like a gunshot and a scream. My eyes widened as my heart flipped in my chest. I heard ruff steps up the stairs. I froze, only for a second. I ran to my closet and waited, silently. I heard nothing but silence but I didn't dare move. Thank saints I didn't. The door knob twisted and the door flew open. I silently panicked. I thought I locked the door?! I looked out of the closet to see father in a bloody stuper. A gun in hand. He slowly started stumbling around my room looking under my bed, in my toy chest. His attention flickered over to the closet where I resided. He slowly approached. "[Y/n], I'm sorry I yelled. I didn't mean it I promise." He said. I stayed silently and prayed. All sounds of footsteps ceased. Confused I attempted to look around, when the door slammed open. I attempted to scream but all that came out was a gasp. He grabbed me by my arm and pulled me to my bed.

He did the unthinkable. That disgusting pervert...

He attempted to shoot me, I panicked jumping up and squirming around the room bullets barely missing me. I tripped for a split second, enough time for a bullet to graze my left leg. I hissed, crying in pain. He slowly approached me, while I backed against a wall. He drew out the gun in front of him. I closed my eyes waiting for the release of death. I just want to see my mom again. I yearned for her warm embrace, the honey sweet smile. Nothing.

My eyes flickered open, waiting. Father panicked checking the chamber. I suppose he saw no bullets. Though he was drunk, he thought of what he'd do.

He struck me in the head with the handle of the gun. As hard as a blow as he could. I think he wasn't thinking right. Drunk. In a daze. He thought he killed me there...

walking in the wet, cold streets, of Ketterdam, reached up to the raised scar on my forehead. If only he knew.