44

"Uh-uh, what you doing?" Jayson shook his head, grabbing Kasie's computer from her lap

"Come on, just let me finish this last thing." She pouted, holding her hand up to block the sun so she could see him without being blinded.

"Nope. I thought I took this." He closed it, setting it in Brandy's beach bag that held damn near everything.

"You did, but you didn't hide it." She shrugged, standing up and grabbing his hand once he held it out to her.

After a fun and successful All-Star break, it was now officially vacation time. The family was currently on the beach in Cabo San Lucas, chilling and enjoying the sun with one another. Most importantly, it was a work free zone since Jayson exceeded all expectations in the All-Star game by scoring 55 points and winning the MVP for the game. So, that only meant one thing for Kasie: no working.

"I'm about to lock it up in the safe if you keep playing with me." He joked, keading her over and into the water.

"Eh, I'm not worried. You'd make the passcode your birthday or something simple like that." She laughed, looking out into the water at the beautiful scenery.

"Maybe." He shrugged, holding her body in front of him once they got a bit deeper. Kasie's head rested on his chest since he had lifted her, knowing she wouldn't be able to stand where they were.

"How are you feeling?" Kasie asked, his fingers rubbing his ear.

"Good. Glad I can spend this time with y'all before this last half of the season. It'll be long, but worth it, so that's exciting." He nodded. His hands moving comfortably along her thighs and backside.

"I'm ready for it." She smiled. "Like you said, it'll all be worth it, especially to watch your dreams come true, and the plenty more experiences we'll have like that in the future."

Jayson kissed the side of her head, looking down at her. "You sure you don't want kids right now?" He joked, kind of.

"Yep. I need a ring first, partna." She held up her left hand. "Well, an engagement ring." She corrected herself, looking at the rock that was already on her hand.

"It's coming, just wait on it." He winked then puckering his lips for a kiss which she happily gave him. "You're so perfect for me. It blows my mind." He spoke against her lips.

"I still have things to work on, especially when it comes down to us, so how am I perfect for you?" She asked with a lighthearted curiosity.

"You've taught me things about myself, the business work, people, and life in general; my son loves you, and my parents- shit, my whole family loves you, and I can feel myself growing with you. Being with you has shown me that- the things I didn't think I could achieve before are now very attainable, especially when it comes to the future and family. I- uh, I remember reading this quote, and he was talking about how your life can feel complete but you can also be missing that one piece of the puzzle, and that's you for me; you were my missing puzzle piece." He spoke poetically, making eye contact with her the entire time, tilting his head with a amused smirk once he saw her getting teary eyed.