Chapter 1

Sato Youta lay tiredly on his bed as the blood seeped from his neck and onto the once-white sheets. He could feel his head spinning from the blood loss and his fingers numb from pain.

Honestly, Youta wasn't planning on actually killing himself. He just wanted to test out his pain tolerance. He thought that since he survived falling from a building, getting hit by a truck, and being stabbed by a crazy stalker, he might survive this.

And to his surprise, he didn't. Maybe death got really tired of him running away and took its chance to finally seize. But he couldn't find it in himself to care. Although the cut from the dull kitchen hurts more than a bullet through the brain, he didn't care. He instead imagined the horror on the people's faces and took great pleasure in thinking about the overexaggerated stories they will tell.

Maybe they will say he was a 'tortured' soul in need of help. Maybe they'll call him a 'nice person and a good friend' and that 'God has another angel on the way'.

Just the thought of people crying at his funeral brings him great joy. Maybe if death was merciful enough, then he can maybe convince death to let him watch his own funeral.

"I guess you've won this time, death." He laughed and stared at the looming figure cloaked in a black hood and holding a large scythe in its 'hands'.

"You were an antsy one. Took me five years to finally reach you." The hooded figure said, its voice cold and dark, much like death itself.

"Well, you got me now." Youta sighed and got up from his laying position. He didn't even bother to look at his cold corpse. But instead, his eyes stared straight into the 'grim reaper's' hooded face.

"Enough. Come, He is looking for you." The grim reaper spoke and held out a boney hand. Youta just rolled his eyes and playfully circled the 9 ft tall figure with great interest.

"Was it fun? This game of cat and mouse? Did you enjoy it?" He purred lightly and smirked.

"....It was...interesting..." The grim reaper hummed gently. He didn't even bother moving when Youta grabbed his hood.

"...It was fun for me too... These past couple of years was the best years of my life."

The soft, almost melodic voice echoed like music in a large ballroom. His pitch-black eyes softened significantly and the once playful smile on his face soften into a gentle smile.

The grim reaper clenched his scythe and watched as the person he has been chasing for years took his boney hands. What an amusing mortal. Beautiful like a snowflake, but cold like ice. No wonder He took great interest in him (SY).

"Come, we shall not waste any more time." He spoke and clenched the mortal's hand in fear that the mortal will somehow slip past his grip and cheat death once more.

"Geez, why are you gripping my beautiful and delicate hand so hard? It's not like I'm going to escape," Youta paused before smirking once more, "Again."