Not A Smart Way to Die

I was a jolly old man. Drove around in my old black taxi. Never had an enemy, fear, grudge, hatred.. nothing. I was driving down a long one-way road. Nothing around this road except some cacti and dirt. No other cars passing at the time. I was listening to my favorite radio station with all the classical music. I always hummed along to the song. Those were nice days. There was a man standing other side of the road with his thumb sticking out, indicating he needed a ride. I pulled over slowly and came to a complete stop right next to him. I asked him if he needed a ride anywhere. He replied by saying yes in the kindest voice I ever heard from a stranger. He opened a back door and jumped inside. I asked him where he needed a ride to. He said to the nearest gas station or lobby. I laughed and proceeded to drive my taxi. I looked in the mirror and asked him why he was asking for rides. "Uhh.. I was just.. umm.. walking and got... lost.",the young fellow replied, but something sounded off. I laughed and he laughed too. "Hahaha.. now get out of the car..." I slowed my vechile and asked him to repeat that. "Get out of the car and give me your keys and wallet..." He held up a gun to me and I immediately turned off the car and stepped out. I tossed my wallet on the driver's side floor. He then jumped in the drivers seat and said "thanks you really helped me out!" Slamming the door, he sped off leaving me on the side of the road. I stood there, shocked at what just happened. Then it hit me. A speeding drunk driver in a yellow jeep. The impact of the hit killed me instantly. The driver died, also. I always see him here where I am now at. I'm writing this from beyond the grave. Whoever reads this will hopefully learn something and don't do what I foolishly did. Goodbye...

~Frank Jones