Chapter 1

"Come on, kid, you should be there. It's imperative to me that you be there." Jack says, trying to persuade his wife to join him at the birthday event being thrown in his honor.

"I'll think about it, Jack," his wife replies before entering the bathroom.

Heading into the bathroom, he comes up behind her and wraps his arms around her waist.

"Jack, what are you doing," she asks amusedly.

"Wow, kid, it's a crime for a man to want to hold his beautiful wife?" he asks with a grin.

"No, it's not, but I'm just surprised. Usually, you save the cuddling for the nighttime," Jackie joked.

Jack nuzzles his nose against her neck, "I can cuddle with you anytime."

She giggles as she continues to brush her teeth.

"You know, I was wondering if we could nap together later today. I know today is going to be a busy day, and I know I'm going to need one later."

"I'll have to check my schedule," Jackie replies with a wink.

"Don't make me have to come to find you, Mrs. Kennedy," he replies, kissing her neck before starting his bath water.

Later that day, Jack found himself in the pool talking to his aides while the Secret Service kept watch. Even though there was no need for the secret service to be present, they still needed to present in the lower level of the house just in case some nutcase tried to break in. Although he is a beloved President, some still don't want him in the White House.

Jack is talking to his aide, Dave Powers, when an agent motions for him to come to him.

"Yes, Andrew," Jack says.

"Mr. President, Ms. Monroe is on the phone for you," Andrew says, his face emotionless.

"Thank you," Jack says, getting out of the pool to answer the phone.

Once he is alone, he picks up the phone.

"Hello," Jack says.

"Hello, Mr. President," the soft, whispery voice replies on the other end.

"How are you?" he asks, looking around, hoping none of the White House staff overhear his conversation.

"I'm doing well. I was wondering when you would be back in Los Angeles again?"

"I don't think it will be any time soon. I don't have any reason to go to California, and I'm not campaigning anymore," Jack replies with a light chuckle.

"Well, you could visit your sister. I know Pat was telling me she and Peter are throwing another party. Although I'm sure it won't be as good as the one Bing hosted at his house in Palm Springs," Marilyn says, trying to get him to remember one of the times they had hooked up.

For the last two years, they have conducted a sporadic affair. The first time they hooked up was during the campaign when he was in California for the big convention. His brother-in-law, the actor Peter Lawford, threw him a big party at their Malibu beach home. It was the first time he met Marilyn. That same night, he got to do what most men in the United States wanted to do, and that was bedding the biggest sex symbol in history.

"Well, I'll have to check my schedule and see if I can make it."

"I hope to see you there," she coos.

"Maybe," he replies with a light chuckle.

After getting off the phone, Jack returns to the pool for a few more laps before he goes upstairs.

When he arrives upstairs, he sees his wife eating lunch while reading over some papers.

"Ouch, kid, I was hoping you could have at least waited for me," he says, gently hitting her with his damp towel.

"I'm sorry, bunny, but I was hungry. I only had enough time for a piece of toast and some coffee this morning," Jackie says with a smile.

"Why is that? It would be best if you ate more than toast and coffee," Jack says, concerned as he sits down.

"I had a meeting this morning that I forgot about. I have been so busy with getting the restoration finished I didn't have time even to get a snack."

"I'm going to talk to Tish. I can't have my wife not eating properly because of some meeting."

"It's OK, Jack. It's not like I'm doing it every day."

"No, Jackie, whether you do it every day or not. I will not have my wife starving herself for a meeting that can wait."

Jackie shakes her head and continues to eat her lunch. She knows it's no use in arguing with him.

Once they finish their lunch and the trays are removed, Jack sits next to his wife.

"Has anyone told you how beautiful you are," he groans against her neck while he nuzzles her neck.

"Yes, my husband tells me all the time."

"It's true," he replies, kissing her neck while his hand creeps up her dress.

"Come on, Jack, I have to get back downstairs," she giggles.

"I thought you were going to take a nap with me?" He inquires before gently biting her neck.

"I'm sorry, bunny, rain check?"

"Fine, only because you're so beautiful."

"Thank you," Jackie replies before kissing his lips.

Without another word, she gets up and makes her way back downstairs.

Jack sighs. Picking up his damp towel, he heads to the bathroom to freshen up before returning to work.