RE2 Leon x Reader

I couldn't have done it without you.

The worst that could possibly happen, happened. I lost my future, the only people I knew, everything I had. Gone. I was thrown into darkness so quickly.

Yeah, I survived the apocalypse, sure. But so did you. I'd take you to the ends of the earth with me, protect you from anything that intended harm. I know I only met you hours ago. But it didn't matter to me, something about us just clicked.

When I walked into that police station, when you looked up at me, I found my hope. We had never seen each other before, yet you looked so happy I was there. I could see it all in your eyes. The anger, the confusion, the fear, all of it, shown through a simple look in my direction.

You worked with me, stayed by my side, defended me, and kept a strong will. In a way, I was inspired by you and your desire to keep going. I wanted to make it out with you.

Seeing you get hurt, seeing that tyrant nearly kill you, it broke me. The only light left I could see in my life nearly blacked out.

Of course, with a little help from others, we worked our way out of Raccoon City.

We went through hell and back together. Our bond strengthened so quick, yet it feels unbreakable. Those moments we protected each other, trusted each other, and relied on each other are unforgettable.

The memories I share with you will haunt me. They'll haunt you too. We've been traumatized, but hell, at least we're not alone in this. This feeling of dread, despair, this void.

As I see you here, looking into the sunrise while we're being driven to safety, I can't help but admire you. The way your eyes gleam, your skin glowing, your best features being highlighted.

I know you hurt. I can hear it in your voice when you talk to me. Seeing you like this, it makes me want to change things. I'll bring justice to this world, and I'll do it for you, for us, again and again.

"Hey," I say.

There's that smile. That one I've seen when we handle the bad guys. The one that reminds me there's more to this life than the dark.

"It's over." I don't know what I'm thinking, but this time I'm grabbing your hand out of care, not to drag you out of danger. I'm just relieved you hold mine back.

"Yeah. We did it, Leon." I can't help but smile at that face. I look away for a moment, and next thing I know you're leaning your head on my shoulder. I guess we'll be sticking together for a long while after this. Thank heavens you'll be there with me through whatever comes next.

I couldn't have done it without you.