46

"She said that shit? Forreal?" Jayson frowned in shock as he laid with Kasie on the foredeck of the yacht they rented out for the family

Currently, they were making their way to a small island just off the coast of the mainland; their last adventure on vacation before they had to return back to Boston.

Kasie had decided- after some deliberation with herself- that she should tell Jayson everything that happened the previous day with Bernice.

Honestly, the decision wasn't that hard to make, since nine times out of ten, she would have ended up telling him anyway.

She was serious when she spoke about them having a very open and close relationship with one another, one a deeper level than just romantically; they were best friends forreal, meaning they had open and comfortable lines of communication between them.

"Yes. I almost pimp slapped shorty. She's lucky the cameras was in there, on everything." Kasie rolled her eyes, picking up her book from her beach bag, deciding that maybe some reading would help calm her nerves since she'd managed to get herself pissed off about the situation yet again.

For Kasie, it was the whole act of disrespect that threw her for a loop. Being that she didn't know Bernice from a can of paint, Kasie was confused and angered that she felt so comfortable to speak in her face like she knew her all her life.

She was even more mad at the fact that she was mad- in a sense that, no lame bitch like that should be able to sour her mood. But here she was, mood = soured.

"I'm not fucking with that. Not only did she disrespect you, but she did that shit in front of my mom? That's a whole new level of disrespect." His frown deepened. Kasie was on his 'do-not-fuck-with' list, and of course Mrs. Brandy was as well, so now he was beyond pissed.

His calm and laid back demeanor helped to, in a way, shade/hide/cover his more intense emotions- unless he was on the court - but he was definitely fuming.

He was happy in this moment that his mother raised a very respectful young man, especially towards women, because he wanted to call her everything but her name.

"I'ma talk to Jaylen about it, that shit isn't okay." He shook his head, sitting up, and running his hand through his beard.

"Nah, that's not necessary. He has nothing to do with her actions. I'm talking to her today once we get to the island. I'm not about to have someone think they're high enough to continue to disrespect me, my family, or my relationship; fuck no.

Especially not in a place that was invited to, for free. That's what I get for trying to be the good guy. She got me beyond pissed this shit, man. I need a drink." Kasie huffed, closing her book and going into the main part of the yacht without another word.

Going into the freezer, Kasie grabbed the Taylor Port wine bottle and a glass from one of the cabinets, rinsing it out before pouring herself a glass and putting the bottle back.