☆ Main Idea ☆

After an unexplainable event, Krystal Renard finds her quiet, scholarly life shattered by a time leap.

One day, she found herself awakening not as herself, Krystal Renard - an ordinary American girl with an Asian ethnicity - but as Kriss Ambers.

When Krystal initially becomes Kriss, she has recently lost both her parents. Because of her relatives, she gains nothing out of her inheritance and is out on the streets.

Kriss was born and raised a Lady and Krystal lived a relatively comfortable life too. The experience of living on the streets was not quite something she was familiar with.

A lot of events happen, Kriss finds a job. A woman gives Kriss shelter. She realizes how bad the lower castes' conditions actually are. She feels miserable about it.

After deciding that she couldn't do nothing about it, not after all the luxury she had experienced all her life at the expense of their livelihood. She made money, because she was educated. And her experience from the 21st helped. But she didn't use all the money that she made. Because she knew there was no point now. She shared them with the children she found.

When Kriss realized that the woman she was living with was actually a Northern rebel, she spied on their meetings. Eventually, certain events happened and Kriss became a Northern rebel herself.

Kriss demanded that they teach her to fight. She wasn't very good at it. But she was determined not to be defenseless in a dystopia like Illéa.

For the most part, Kriss was yet another volunteer willing to help and research and provide for the cause of the Northern Rebels. Justice for the lower castes.

Her education that was unlike any in this world's, helped them a lot. She wasn't street smart, but she was learning to be. And she was loyal.

Kriss was a true patriot. After her parents' death, there was nothing for her in life except this cause. Not just this cause, but the reason behind it. The people of her country.

The country might not be the same, the people might not to be the same, the time might be different, but Kriss' love for her motherland had not changed. Nor had her thirst for justice.

When the Selection came around, Kriss was hesitant to enter her name. But her friends insisted that she do, because she was beautiful and clear-skinned due to all those years of comfortable leaving, her figure had also become quite nice after such physical hardwork.

Nobody actually thought Kriss' name would come out. Even she didn't. But once it did, Kriss realized that everything in her life was going the exact same way the books had predicted it would.

Because Kriss didn't like the idea of going to the Selection and nor did she want to be known as the cast-off of the prince. She knew she wasn't going to win. Because she didn't have what it took to be a princess. Maybe she could be a lady, but a princess? That took leadership qualities. Ability to keep your head calm. Ability to remain strong.

From the beginning itself, Kriss was opposed to going to the Selection. But then the group leader gave her a task, among three to four other girls chosen for the Selection.

Win the prince's heart and secure a rightful place for the Northern Rebels in the Illean monarchy.

Knowing what America's actions did - and that she was apart of the Selection - Kriss realized that the most change on a large scale she could make was by being in the spotlight.

She preferred the shadows by now. But for her country, for the future of her people, Kriss agreed to play the game of Selection.

But Kriss wouldn't put her heart in it. No, she would be playing for the crown. Not the prince.

Though if she had to win over the prince's opinions of her, she could do that.

Little did she know, Maxon Schreave will be the undoing of everything in Kriss Ambers.

She would inevitably and irrevocably fall in love with Maxon Schreave, despite how much she resisted it. And unlike America, when she felt something she couldn't contain it.

Don't get her wrong, she would never let Maxon play with her feelings. But she would make her feelings for him clear once she realized them. She wouldn't play.

But she also knew that the only one in Maxon's heart was America Singer.

And so, it became the tragedy of Kriss Ambers.

In this story, when King Clarkson discovers the real depth of the Northern rebellion, he vows to eradicate them.

Kriss is named as enemy number one.

Maxon chooses America, because Kriss isn't an option after she escapes the palace before she could be discovered.

Kriss never outright told Maxon that she was a Northern Rebel, but she had always left hints.

Once she leaves, he realizes what she was.

Battle is fought between the monarchy and the Northern Rebels, with Kriss leading them right alongside August Illéa and Georgia Whitaker.

It's heart-wrenching for Kriss and Maxon to be on the opposite ends of this. Because at the core, they were the same. Except Maxon was helpless to fight his father and Kriss refused to be helpless.

In this story, Maxon soon realizes his feelings for Kriss run far deeper than he thought. And with the battle, they only deepen in the looks exchanged between them.

The common people are with the Northern Rebels.

As the battle ends with King Clarkson dying, Maxon becomes king.

The Northern Rebels - with most of the common people supporting them - declare that they'll only accept him as their king if he has a queen of their choosing.

This obviously happens to be Kriss.

Maxon has broken up with America by now and is waiting for Kriss.

After a few talks and meetings, Kriss realizes that her feelings for Maxon never really went away. And that the Maxon he has become after the battle makes her feelings deepen even more.

Maxon and Kriss eventually confess their feelings, and then they're married.

After that, their story continues with Maxon trying to heal the wounds left by battles and Kriss helping him on how to make the restructure the society and make it all more open by eliminating the caste system, offering more education, making all professions open for all the people.

And so, their story goes on happily ever after.