Chapter 3

Kaira removed her duppata onto the tabletop, away from the cooking range. She wore an apron on top of her dress and folded the sleeves of her gown, to avoid them from being dirty. She ran to her room, picking a large hair clutch for her long hair. Pulling her hair in a bun, she secured the clutch and got ready to wash the dishes.

"Can you get me my phone, its in my room?" She asked a househelp who still wouldn't let her to do any chores. The househelp rushed to get it for her and Kaira removed the extra food from all plates and utensils in one bowl before passing them through water.

"Here Rani sa" The househelp handed her the phone. She wiped her hands on the kitchen cloth and immediately called her younger sister, Ishani.

"Ishu please pick the phone" She murmured to herself after calling her for the 15th time. When her sister didn't pick the phone, she called her mother.

"Hello mumma" She said in a small voice as the memories of her house flooded in her mind, halting her in her action of washing dishes.

"Are you ok? Come back home bacha. We will figure out how to get out of this mess together. Did Adhiraj do anything beta? Kayu tu wapas aaja, you don't need to stay bound in this marriage without your consent. (Kayu return home)" She could hear her mother's pain in her voice. Tears formed in her eyes, she too wanted to break free from the chains of the marriage but she was helpless infront of Adhiraj.

"Am fine mumma. No mumma, Adhiraj didn't do anything wrong to me. He even apologized for behaving rudely to me at the mandap. He explained me his reasons for his actions, last night. He gave me my space. He asked me to choose any room in the whole mansion. His mother and brother both are very sweet. They didn't let me feel like an outsider even for a minute. You please don't get tensed because of me. Its hard but I will adjust here" The househelps who could hear her speaking to her mother looked at her accusingly as everyone knew she was lying to her mother about Adhiraj. She signalled them to be silent on that matter as she didn't want her mother's health to be affected.

"Kayu... I know you are lying about some parts. Which ones, I can't differentiate? The second you feel its enough, return home. Am still alive...still there for you, no matter what happens. You understand? I kicked the asshole father of yours long back, I won't mind doing it again" Her mother asked, warming the Kaira's thawed heart.

"You won't feel the need to do it as I would personally kick my brother's ass and beat him black and blue if he dared to hurt my bhabhi sa, aunty" Yuvaan took the phone from the sink where Kaira was talking to her mother on speaker and answered her, wiping Kaira's tears with a smile.

"Yuvaan?" Her mother confirmed whether it was really him.

"Ji aunty" Kaira rubbed her nose, stopping herself from crying further.

"Please take care of my girl. She forms connection with people very fast. Don't let anyone break her heart"

"I will take care of her aunty. Your daughter is our queen now and she shall be treated in the same manner" Yuvaan calmed down her mother's worries to some extent. They talked for a while until Kaira finished washing all utensils.

"Acha bye mumma, I have other work to do"

"What work?" Her mother asked confused. Kaira looked at Yuvaan in confusion about how she would tell her mother that despite being in a house that has more househelps than the family members themselves, she was cooking.

"Arey aunty, we need to sort out bhabhi sa's clothes, buy some new ones. Arrange the room to her liking. Bohot kaam hai (We have alot of work)" Yuvaan covered up for her. Kaira thanked him for saving her.