Part 1

Fresh snow had blanketed the ground as Kat's boots crunched under her as she walked towards Eddie's trailer. She pulled her own leather jacket and battle vest combo closer to her to fight the chill. Surprisingly, the cold being one of the things the California girl had dreaded the most, she didn't mind it. It was weirdly comforting to her. There was the plus side of finally being able to wear real winter jackets and the like, however. She went hastily up the steps, knocking the snow off her boots before she went in.

"Jesus Christ, it's fucking cold out there." She shivered as she took off her most outer layers, placing them on a chair near the door along with her overnight bag.

"Ms. California still hasn't adjusted to the cold?" Kat shot Eddie a look as she kicked off her boots.

"I've adjusted! It's just... Ugh, cold is cold! There is snow on the ground. So it...it's cold." She plopped herself next to Eddie on the couch, crossing her arms in a huff. He tossed his head back as he laughed. A continued scowl was on Kat's face as she bumped him in the shoulders with hers, which just caused him to continue his chuckle.

"I know it is. It's just cute when you get all defensive." He said as he put his arm around her and pushed her toward him so he could plant a kiss on her temple.

"Ass." She said as her scowl was slowly breaking into a smile as she snuggled into his side.

"So what's the plan for tonight?" He asked her softly, playing with her hair.

"Well, I was gonna make the cookies for everyone tonight. Unless you ate all the stuff I got for them yesterday."

"No, didn't eat any of it, actually. It's not in its cookie form yet, so no point. But...uh, you wanna make them here? And not in your...kitchen?"

"Well, yeah? Wait...what day even is it? I smoked, like, two joints before I got here." Kat said giggling more and more.

"Ha, it's Thursday."

"No, no. The date!"

"Oh. The nineteenth."

"Pft, I'll make them tomorrow after school. Wait, the nineteenth? Aw, you know what it's been a month since?"

"A month since you...became the unofficial fifth member of Corroded Coffin!" Eddie smiled at her, pointing a finger gun at her. She just rolled her eyes.

"No, since you forgot my birthday." Kat turned her head to look directly at him with the biggest shit-eating grin she could muster.

Eddie's head fell back as he groaned. "...and made up for it! I thought I redeemed myself!"

"Well, it's... it's just still so fresh in my mind...and, I know it's late, but I...also haven't told you what I want for Christmas..." Kat said with a smirk.

"This is the last time you get to use that, okay?" He said, looking at her like a stern puppy.

"Mhmm. Last time." She put her hand over her heart. "I swear."

Eddie dramatically rolled his eyes, taking a deep breath. "Now, what is it, that could possibly, once and for all, win over you and prove how bad I fucked up?"

"A flamethrower." There was an unsuccessful attempt to choke back a laugh. A small chortle managed to escape, but she kept her smile wide and her eyes open as much as she possibly could.

Eddie's face went slack. "A flame...thrower...?" Kat nodded expectantly. "You want...a...flamethrower? Wh- why?"

"I dunno! I've always wanted one. Seems like a good thing to have incase of an emergency. Guns with bullets are just... too much for me. And, like, this totally seems like the place where you can find a flamethrower! And I mean, there's so many rumors about the Russians... you never know..." Kat trailed off.