Night watch- jasper x gender neutral reader

"So how exactly did you get arrested again?" Jasper asked you for the tenth time in the past hour.
"I forgot my I.D. during the solar flare warning Jeez at least I didn't get arrested for getting caught stealing a bunch of medicine to get high!" You rolled your eyes. "Also to be fair it WAS your fault that I forgot it. You dragged me to that party."

"You could have put it in your pocket." Jasper retorted.
"Well you kept complaining that I was taking to long to get to ready! Some friend you are. Now can we do what we need to do and watch out for grounders or whatever."
"Ugh fine. Jeez you sound like Bellamy but shorter and more annoying" Jasper grumbled
"I heard that!"

"I'm thirsty."
You said.
"Same." Jasper replied back

Just then you saw Monty getting out of his tent presumably to go get some more food. It was still pretty busy out. At least 20 people were chatting and laughing around fires.
"Hey Monty can you grab us some water?" You called.
Monty turned to you "Yeah sure! Just give me a second I'm still really hungry!" He responded with a thumbs up.
You watched as monty grabbed himself a plate of berries and rabbit meat and walked back to his tent and grabbed two flasks and walkerd over to the barrel of water.

"Thanks Monty." You smiled as you took the bottle from him.

30 minutes later

You heard a light snoring from beside you. You turned to your right to see Jasper asleep. You chucked a stick at his head.
"OW WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT FOR?!?!?!?!"
He yelped as he jolted awake.
"You're not meant to sleep during a night shift!" You yelled.
"Well excuse me." He rolled his eyes as he mumbled to himself.
"Jasper listen, we have an hour left of this till we can go sleep can we just try to get along?"
"Fine."

People began to grow tired and retreated to their tents. Some stayed but eventually they returned too. The fires died down and soon the only light source were two lanterns and the moon
Sometimes you would hear bats flying through the trees and deer feeding on moss.

"Hey Y/n. Look at the sky." Jasper nudged your shoulder. You had been so lost in thought you didn't hear him move his chair closer to you. "What is it." You asked turning to face him.
"Look up."
You crained your neck up to the sky.
Staring back at you were millions upon millions of stars. And the Milky Way splashed behind it.

"Wow."
"Pretty cool huh?" He grinned.
"Yeah I've been wanting to see this for a while." You smiled up at the sky.
"You're pretty cool y/n"
"I could say the same about you. Almost."
You yawned as you rested you head on jaspers shoulder.