48

"Whose side are you on, traitor?" Kasie frowned, looking down at her phone that displayed a clear image of Kareem who she was currently on Facetime with, discussing the things that were on her mind

"I'm not on either of your sides, you're both wrong in certain ways. All I'm saying is, I would react the same way he did and that's just the truth. You can't knock me for it." Kareem sighed, moving around his room as he got ready for bed.

"The only advice I can give to you is that you should never, ever go to bed mad or at odds with each other. So, sit down and talk with him or something, just resolve the issue before you go to bed tonight. Okay?" He advised, making sure that he got into his daughters thick skull.

"I'm hearing you." She nodded, sighing as she typed on her computer, processing and assigning orders.

"I know you hear me, but do you understand me?" Kareem emphasized, knowing that there was a clear distinction between the two.

"Yes, I understand." Kasie huffed, looking down at her phone.

"Great, now if you'll excuse me, Scandal is calling my name. I love you lil bit."

"Love you too." She smiled softly before hanging up the call. Sighing as she massaged her temples, Kasie allowed her fathers words to soak into her mind, trying to decided on an effective way to handle their current situation.

She especially didn't want this animosity between the two of them to boil over into his birthday so she needed to think, and do so quickly. Standing from her office chair, Kasie decided that she would continue her thinking in the shower where she could have a clear mind and allow herself to truly dig deep into her thoughts.

Walking towards her room, she paused, frowning at Jayson who laid comfortably in her bed. Glancing over at her, he smirked before turning his attention back to the television that played TWD.

"Pause, I know you're not watching this without me." Her frown deepened as she saw a new episode that she didn't remember watching playing on the tv.

"This is a episode we watched already. You ready to talk now?" He paused it, looking over at her.

"No. I'm going into the shower first so I can think about it." She shook her head.

"Okay." He nodded, pulling the covers back and standing from the bed.

"What are you doing?" She asked as he made his way into the bathroom, turning on the shower.

"We're taking a shower together and talking about whatever the hell happened earlier." He shrugged, removing his shirt and shorts.

"No, I'm getting in the shower so I can think about different ways to approach the situation. We aren't doing anything."

"Come on, let's be realistic. Where have our best, most understanding, open conversations happened?"