the chance // pt. 1

I look up at the stage, lights burning my eyes, sweat rolling down my skin, determination written across my face. This was the moment I was waiting for my whole life. I was waiting for this chance, this feeling. It's what I had wished for my whole life. I wanted to be a performer, to bring joy to people's eyes, to inspire someone. As I walk up those steps, ready to preform, the lights turn off, my world goes black, it was only a dream.

I roll over onto my bed and realize I'm still just an undiscovered artist trying to make it. I get up and walk to the kitchen of my family's apartment, saddened by the realization.

At 17, I was still just a kid, just a girl with dreams in her head. Little did I know that my dreams would all come true later that day.

My life had never been perfect and at the moment I didn't expect it would ever be. Living in Harlem, NYC was hard, especially when you had as many brothers as I did. I grew up in a family of 5. But it's gotten harder since my mom died. It's just been me and my brothers doing what we can to survive. My oldest brothers 23, and he's the one that's inspired me to get what I want in life.

Even though I live in a apartment in Harlem, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I get to sing in the subway for all these people, and it honestly makes life worth living. I lock the door of my apartment and head down towards the subway. Looks like today won't be any different.

Hey Everyone!
a/n
this is my first story so I want you guys to comment on things you like, etc. this was kind of an intro to the story so tell me what you think

xx - dani