My best friend is my home

I hate airports. They're the worst thing. Not because of the flying, but because of the god damn waiting oh lord help. I always end up sitting next to some gross smelling dude on the plane too it's just my luck that I can't escape. I've accepted that fate. I eat my sandwich as I wait and wait and wait for whoever the lady is to announce my plane is about to board. One good thing I get to have every time I end up on a plane, early bird boarding. One of the very few perks of epilepsy. That, and getting to call off work with a "real" excuse when really it's not always real whoops. The flight from Chicago to California is about four and a half hours and I intend to sleep the whole way there. It feels good to finally be done with school. 22 years old and visiting my best friend in the whole world, Darren. Not only that, but he said that if I get along with the boys well enough I could potentially be their assistant. I mean I spent four years majoring in communication skills and I am pretty organized so I think I could do really well. I don't want to get ahead of myself though.

"Calling all passengers for flight 467 Chicago to Los Angeles now boarding."

Oh lord. Here we go. I get in the early boarding line and let the wheel chair people go ahead of me of course. I wait while they get the tickets scanned and hear an old lady behind me whispering to her husband as if I couldn't hear her.

"I don't think she needs this early boarding does she?"

She gave me a look before getting behind me so I knew something was happening with her. I know my disability is hidden but mind your business. I promise I have more meds in my bag to stay alive than you lady. She whispered some more. So I turn around.

"Do you want me to have a seizure and prove it?" I ask looking her up and down with attitude. Her eyes widen because she now knows I heard her talking about me. The old bitch turns back to her husband as if she didn't hear me and I get up to get my ticket scanned.

"Thank you sir." I say. He winks at me but in a friendly way not a creepy way. I've had my fair share of creepy winks to know the good from the bad. I walk down the long hallway to the plane and take my seat three rows down on the window seat. I'm hoping it's not a full flight so I don't have to sit directly next to anyone. I wait as people keep walking by to the back trying to sit away from someone just like I am. I see a sweet little girl and her mom walk alone together a few rows behind me and I smile at her. The little girl giggled and turns to her mom. It reminds me of me and my mom. I used to be so scared the first few times flying I always had to hold back a few tears but my mom was always there for me. Now, I like my flights a little rocky as odd as that sounds. Soon everyone is on the flight and only one person sits next to me but luckily she's on the isle seat so there's space between us. She's pretty and seems young. She might be in her teens flying for the first time. We smile at each other and put on our seat belts.

Soon, the flight attendant lady, who is absolutely beautiful by the way, shows the plane all of the procedures in case of emergency. I always pay attention to them when they do it because I wanna live man. You never know. Soon she's done and the lights dim. I put in my air pods and pulled out my blanket from my carry on. I put it up against my head and the window and close my eyes. Soon, I fall asleep, dreaming of what's to come when I see Darren.

*Okay everyone, how was it? I wanted to make it relatable while not being cheesy. I think I've done a good job with this chapter. If you have notes let me know and I'll be happy to read them :) thanks for reading!*