WHAT BRINGS US TOGETHER IS WHAT PULLS US APART

@inkboundsecrets
2023

GONE | GONE | GONE

" "Dark to dark and light to dark, three black carriages three white carts... what brings us together is what pulls us apart... gone our brother gone our home—"

In the middle of the woods, under the protection of her guardian who always doted on her, a girl uses her abilities for good.

Healing animals, tending to the sick. But she does so secretly, because that was the rule. The one and only rule. No one must know, no one must find out. If they did, everything the two had worked for for years would be ruined.

But, as her curiosity, which was always something that had to be stifled by her guardian only grew as she got older - and much sooner than he would have liked she kissed him on the cheek, thanked him and bid him farewell.

Exploring Middle-Earth was like nothing she could have imagined. It was a whole different world out there, the complete opposite of everything she had learned in the woods. She thrived, and she had never been happier.

But then the nightmares returned.

They were cruel, keeping her up until long hours into the night, and she soon found the exhaustion in her steps to be so dragging, so disabling that she returned home. Her guardian welcomed her back with open arms, but even with the help of his elixirs, they did not go away.

Pain, death, decay. Every night, like a broken record, they played on repeat in her mind.

But then, the forest starts to die. The life in the forest drains and the leaves begin to decay, and she can't help but notice the similarities. The world was dying, just as it had in her dreams.

So, the two make haste to an old friend, one they are sure could help rectify their situation — to help them heal their home.

But then the two are separated. And although she is afraid, she is brave, and not completely alone. And as she finds herself in the company of thirteen dwarves and a hobbit, things begin to unravel from the past. Things that were perhaps safer buried, destroyed and forgotten.

Things that should have never been remembered.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

AUTHORS NOTE

welcome, all, to one of my all-time favourite new fanfics

and, yes, i say this all the time, but that's because i'm genuinely excited. and yes, i am aware i have published probably too many books in the past week, but after this one i'm just going to concentrate on the current books on my profile to ensure the best quality work. after a couple are complete i'll publish a few more <3
and;

please , feel free to vote and comment. i love reading them :)

and;

DISLAIMER
i don't own any of the characters or storyline except my own creations. not tryna take credit, i just like writing and tv shows and fanfics are a fun way to exercise my creative skills
all media included is probably from pinterest — if it isn't, i'll just mention where it's from in an authors comment or something :)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───