The Bells

"Who was that?" Brodie asks, the sky now dark

"Who was that?" Brodie asks, the sky now dark. They were both trying to go to sleep, well at least Jade was. Brodie was to busy pestering Jade for information. "Who was he?!" Brodie yells, making Jade flinch.

"Jimmy Portis." Jade says, her patience was thin, and the lack of sleep was wearing her down. "Look, can you just shut up?" Jade snaps. 

"Shut up? I'm trapped in here with someone who continues to lie and make up bullshit!" Brodie yells, making Jade push the hair from her face aggressively away.

"Lie?" She asks, scoffing and closing her eyes. "When have I lied to you?" She yells, glaring at her ex-boyfriend.

" 'Rafe shot me?' That's what you said! You made that bullshit lie up-" Brodie begins to yell angrily as if he knew what he was talking about.

"That's not a fucking lie! Are you so incompetent and stuck in my brother's shadow to realize he's a psychopath?!" Jade screams, now standing up. "You can't stand there and act like you're not the biggest liar in this room?!" Jade screams, anger slowly seeping thicker into her veins.

"When have I lied?!" Brodie yells back.

" 'I love you.' Does that ring a fucking bell?!" Jade yells, walking towards the window.

"Is that what this is about? You're still mad about me and Sarah?" Brodie scoffs.

"Yeah dude, I'm so mad." Jade says, sarcasm spitting from her words. "I don't give a shit! You're the one who's calling me a liar!"

"Listen to me Jade! Where is that diary? I'm not dying for your stupid friends!" Brodie yells, his hands flying around aggressively.

"Shut up!" Jade yells, her voice now louder than ever. She kept glancing across to the window of the room Kiara and Rafe were locked in. "Just go to bed Brodie." She demands, her mind trying to rack up a plan. 

"If you don't tell me where that fucking diary is by tomorrow, I swear-" Brodie threatens.

"You'll what, Brodie? Starting to sound a lot like Rafe." Jade says, still glancing out the window. 

Brodie takes a deep breath before turning away from Jade and grabbing a small blanket from the edge of the bed and pillow. "I'll take the floor, Ms. Valentine." He spits, laying down and quickly falling asleep despite his uncomfortable bed.

Jade ignores him and still looks outside, counting the stars. Her hands grip the windowsill, as her eyes fill up with glossy tears. She looks away from the sky and down to her bare feet. She just wants to see her boyfriend and sister. She wants everything to go back to the way it was before. Before the gold, before the cross, before El Dorado, before she found out her entire family was fake.

~

JJ laid in the abandoned hotel structure with one thing on his mind. Jade. He wanted her here. With him. Safe. The truth was that Kie had opened up to him about something important in her life and JJ needed to be there for her. Regardless of having pushed away the love of his life.