47

"Bae, open the door

"Bae, open the door." Jayson smacked his teeth, knocking on Kasie's office door since she'd been in there for well over 12hrs.

"No! I'm almost finished! Leave me aloneee!" Kasie shouted from the other side, rolling her eyes as she responded to a text message from the venue she had rented out for tomorrow, Jayson's 25th birthday.

"You said that when I left for practice this morning. Come on, I wanna go on a date." He huffed, setting his head against the door.

"Okay. I'll be done in an hour." Kasie chuckled lowly.

"Mmcht. You don't love me or something? This is criminal." He pouted with his frown remaining, just looking at the door.

"Why are you so dramatic." Kasie laughed, closing out everything from her computer & putting all the stray papers away, getting up and walking towards the door.

"Woww. So you don't love me?" He smacked his lips. "Open the door please." He groaned.

"Say please." She smirked, standing on the other side with her hand on the handle.

"Please open the door, baby." He huffed, rolling his eyes.

"Him so sassy. Hey handsome." She opened the door with a smile. Jayson immediately picked her up, hugging her tightly.

"Damn, hulk." She smacked her teeth at his roughness. "You okay?" Her hands rubbing along his back with her nails caressing his neck as he walked them into the living room.

"Yeah. I just missed you." He mumbled as he sat down, still with her in his grip.

"Lies. What's the matter?" Kasie asked softly, knowing her man better than he thought she did.

Huffing before he responded, Jayson smiled inwardly at her attentiveness to his true feelings & emotions. He could definitely say that with Kasie as his woman, she always made him feel heard and normal.

She accepted and helped him through his emotions; helping him decipher with what he was feeling when even he himself had no idea what it was. The whole emotionless man = strong man mentality had him in a chokehold for a while before he met Kasie, but with the help of her, he was able to express himself without feeling like less of a man. Shitty concept, isn't it.

"It's a lot. I just feel drained with everything, you know? And its the last run of the season, so I really gotta lock in but damn, it's tough." He sighed.

"Well, I can't necessarily offer you advice specific to your situation- or position rather. But I can tell you that it's your year. You're on fire and it'll all be worth it when you get that ring & trophy. All the sleepless nights, hard days, the tiredness, feeling drained, all that will be worth it in the end."

"But until then, use me as your anchor like you allow me to use you- whenever I choose to listen. Put some of your weight on me so we can balance this out, alright? We're a team baby, and you know I'm here for you so use that."