A Slight Little Minor Depression

Crime rates have dropped to -1% in the last few years and Bat-Man just thinks he can't do it anymore. Bat-Man is out of the job that he is most well known for, to bring the city to peace. Nobody to save. Nobody needs help anymore, nobody needs Bat-Man. Who wants to bring peace to a city that is already peaceful? That's just stirring up trouble, Bat-Man. That's a hero complex, Bat-Man. So, he did what most people do when they lose their job, they have a slight little minor depression. Bat-Man started to fall into a very extreme catatonic state where he did not go out, only ordered takeout, ate only half of it, and he slept on the couch all day only to wake up and go on his phone to be depressed.

Years go by and the city's crime rates have dropped to -5%. Bat-Man suddenly has many health problems and is currently spiraling down and slowly but surely getting worse. High blood pressure, high cholesterol, liver failure, fatty liver, insomnia, cavities galore, and the list goes on, like a child's wishlist to Santa. Bat-Man was in a hole so deep that he couldn't even see the light at the top. Even though the crime rates are at -5%, that doesn't mean inflation is not impacting the city. Now, Bat-Man cannot indulge in the unhealthy behaviors that he used to before. People were rioting outside of his apartment, starting fires, looting houses, and vandalizing the premises all around them so the government could see that hiking the interest rates does not help the economy in any way shape, or form.

Bat-Man finally conjures up a thought. Five years without thinking a thought that doesn't have to do with how he is a loser for not having a job, or how is it still possible that he is affording rent and groceries, given the fact that he has no job and prices are shooting through the roof. He finally had a thought. What if Bat-Man saved the economy? Maybe people would remember who he was if they know, the saved the economy, stop inflation, stop shrinkflation! Who would have thought that one single idea would bring someone out of a slight little minor depression? And, so Bat-Man's journey began to save the economy.