Chapter 1: Part 1

"Several sources have confirmed that four more hikers have gone missing near the valley of the islands West Side. Some police and Pro Heroes that have been searching for the hikers have also gone missing when going into the area, leaving many to believe that the disappearances could have been responsible because of a possible Villian, but no evidence of this has yet to have been found."

Melissa Shield turns the radio to a music station, creeped out by the radio broadcast. Her father, David, smiles, setting down a new device for them to test.

David: "Don't worry sweetie. No Villian can sneak up on us here."

Melissa: "I know. It's still creepy though."

David: "If anything strange happens, Ghost will be able to let us know. Isn't that right?"

David pets a white horse while feeding it a carrot.

David: "God it's a beautiful day. Barely a cloud in the sky.

Melissa smiles and sits next to her horse, Lucky, and begins brushing his hair, when her radio just shuts off, annoying her. Suddenly, a quarter falls next to her, confusing the girl. She then hears screaming noises, and looks around, creeped out again, as the screams suddenly stop, as more items fall from the sky. Lucky begins walking away, unsettled by something.

Melissa: "Hey, dad something's happening. Dad?"

Melissa looks back and sees David fall down, bleeding from the eye.

Melissa: "DAD!!"

She hops onto Ghost, and gets him back to their house, calling a hospital.

Melissa: "Please stay awake! Stay awake!"

David: "Clo..uds........Mel.....the.....clouds..."

Melissa: "I know, the clouds are pretty! Just stay awake, they'll be here soon."

David: "Toshi......call....Toshi....."

Melissa: "I will! I will, let's just stop the bleeding first, okay!?"

Thirty minutes later, Melissa sits outside her father's hospital room. A doctor walks out and talks to Melissa.

Doctor: "I have no idea how he could have survived this, but he's gonna live."

Melissa: "He is!? Thank you so much!"

Doctor: "His luck is incredible. A nickel fell straight through his eye, but stopped as soon as it was about to go through his brain."

Melissa: "Oh my God..."

Doctor: "He'll be in a coma-like state for the next ten weeks though. My best guess is that his body somehow just shut itself off from the pain."

Melissa: "Is that good?"

Doctor: "I believe so. It's possible that when he wakes up, his body would have already processed the pain."

Hours later, Melissa returns to her home and heads into the stables to check on Lucky and Ghost. When she checks on the white horse, she notices a key sticking into his back leg.