chapter 1. prologue

so I'm not entirely sure when certain members of roger's crew joined and i made a rough timeline when my oc joined and how old certain characters were at major points of the timeline.

this chapter is going to be relatively short in comparison to my other stories because I can't think of much for this prologue, many apologies.

an oc that belongs to my friend, DrSour , makes an appearance.

sped run the shit out of this but, what can I do?

that is all.

word count: 7646

third person pov.

Hundreds of years ago, there was an era where it was the most devastating period to live in. A group of giants, no more than five of them, terrorised the occupants of the world. Their sadistic laughter could be heard from neighbouring island, fearing that they were next on the list of places the giants were going to visit. Giants aren't necessarily hostile, let alone powerful enough to disrupt the order of the world, but this group were different from the average giant. These were the rare ancient giants; lesser ancient giants to be specific. Different from their cousins, that being a little shorter and less grotesque in appearance but just as powerful and overwhelming in size, these giants destroyed everything in their path. Their leader, well, she was the craziest one out of all five of them. She was the one leading them on this mass genocide against the entire world, and why she was doing this in the first place? Well, that was because she was throwing a bit of a temper tantrum and the world just so happened to be her target to let out all her anger that lasted a couple... centuries. There was nothing that could stop her, not the world government, no the islands that allied with each other, nothing. She was just so powerful on her own she could decimate an entire civilisation with just a single wave of her hand, but the five of them together; there was absolutely nothing that could stand in their way.

"Five?! Did you just say all FIVE of them were sighted and heading this way?"

"Y-Yes sir! They're making their way here as we speak!" the marine in charge let out a shuddered breath, pacing back and forward as he tried to think of anything that could get them out of this dire situation. Without the help of the admirals, people that could actually stand a chance against this otherworldly monsters, an average marine corporal didn't stand a chance. The best option they possibly had was to flee but in the opposite direction was an island that these beasts were heading towards, he closes his eyes at the thought of another island up in flames because there was nothing that could get these damned bastards to stop of their rampage "What are you orders, sir?" he swallows thickly,

"... we remain in our current positions, but send word out to HQ of our current location so they can send help to all the islands within our vicinity." the private couldn't help but shake that they weren't going to flee, as selfish as that thought was, but he didn't want to risk his life fighting in a losing battle, but he just grits his teeth and salutes his commanding officer as his body trembled in fear.

"Yes sir." he all but collapses into his desk, his face falling into the palm of his hand as he himself trembled at the thought of facing the five giants that's been terrorising the sea long before he was born. There had been a single warning to all those that had joined the marines that the moment you come across those three individuals at all was to report the sightings to superior authorities then RUN, those who were not skilled enough were nothing but fleas in the eyes of those giants. But standing their ground right that moment would give the residents of all the islands near by a chance to evacuate, it didn't matter where, as long as they get as far away as possible then that's all that matter. The ship coming to a crashing halt brings him out of his head followed by the shouting and hurried footsteps of his men outside, he bursts out of his room and shouts for a status report but was brought to silence at what stood before him.