Prologue

Darkness crawled through the forest like a disease, capturing everything within its shadows except the tiny fireflies floating about. He lay on the ground by the glowing pond, staring up towards the moon with a faraway look in his eyes. His arm was behind his head, creating a resting place as his other lay across his stomach. His muscles shined like silver under the moon's brilliance, making him appear as a work of art. With a sigh, he picked up the single rose, staring at it with an empty expression.

Her honey eyes flashed in his memory as she slit the queen's throat before tossing back his dagger. Despite the scar he handed her on her face, she finished his job and set him free. He didn't know this masked woman. He only knew she was an assassin. Trained and hired by the King's guard with only one purpose in life.

To kill.

She had gracefully plucked the rose from the Queen's dying bouquet before throwing it his way. He can still remember how the coldness of her voice sliced through him like a shard of ice, sending rather pleasant chills down his spine.

"For your wife's grave."

It wasn't meant as an insult but a truce.

"Are we seducing the moon goddess or thinking?"

He smirked, "I do have the body to seduce a goddess, don't I?"

His beta scoffed as he sat on a rock and flicked a tiny stick off, smacking the Alpha in his face. "I wouldn't be too confident if I were you."

"Why would a king's assassin let me go? And kill the Queen?" He mused, sitting up.

"Maybe she's finally seeing the royal family for what they are. Corrupt."

"Yes, but....she was so ruthless. She slit her throat, but not deep enough to kill her quickly. She made sure she choked on her own blood."

His friend sighed, "The king's assassins are heartless killers. Any ounce of emotion is beaten out of them from a young age. I was lucky enough to escape when I did."

"She had these golden eyes....like honey."

"Are you falling in love?"

The Alpha scoffed, "Not even close. She interests me."

"Don't get too enthralled with her. They're like the sirens of werewolves, beautiful but deadly."

"Are you calling yourself a siren, then?"

"I would say the men are also very close to it."

They sat silently for a few moments before the Alpha pulled himself to his feet; he glanced at the wilting rose before crumbling it in his hand. He watched the remains float to the ground, along with the soul of his curiosity. The darkness swallowed him once more as he hardened himself against any emotion.

"If he can't even spot a traitor under his nose, then this King is more ignorant than we previously thought."

His beta nodded, "So, what are you thinking?"

"Contact my brother, give this information to him. He has spies within the kingdom, and he can figure out this siren's identity."

"And?"

He played with his dagger momentarily, watching it glint in the moonlight, "Make her mine."