Chapter 5

She ran to her room and sat near the window, scolding herself for revealing too much infront of a stranger.

"Kaira" Adhiraj stormed inside her room angrily.

"Never walk away from me when am talking. Never!" He held her arm tightly, pulling her up from her place.

"It wasn't my intention to" She looked at him with glossy eyes due to the pain.

"One minute you act like a lioness and the next you cry like its the last day to cry on planet Earth" Adhiraj left her arm and pulled his hair in frustration.

"What's your problem Kaira?" He again held her arms tightly.

"Leave me on my own, please. Why are we doing this drama of marriage?" She asked as a tear slid down her cheek and she wiggled in his arms.

"You sister left me at the mandap"

"So? It wasn't as if you liked her. And don't even talk to me about respect. I have lost more respect than you, not just infront of the world but in my eyes too. What will you get out of this marriage?" She asked tiredly.

"None of your business"

"It is! You can't simply behave that am no one to you. You need to tell me about what you want from me because neither you nor can I spend the rest of my life seeing each others face" She said trying to escape his hold but failed terribly.

"And that is your mistake. Na jeene dunga na marne dunga magar har pal maut se milaunga

(I won't let you live neither die but will make you meet death every moment)" He said looking into her eyes.

"Great no? See eachother everyday and hate eachother with every passing second. Just remember, the day I get fed up of your nonsense, Aap na akele reh paoge na hi mera saath paoge. (You won't be able to stay alone and nor will you get my my support) 

You've made your choice and I've made mine" She pushed him away harshly making him stumble. He furiously gripped her neck and threw her on the bed with him on top of her. The sky thundered loudly, pouring down its grief in loud noise.

"You don't make the decisions Kaira! I've not yet started being the real me to you doesn't mean you can go on spluttering nonsense infront of me"

"I don't care" She moved away from him walking to the living room, switching on the t.v. She surfed through the channels and stopped on Umrao Jaan on Sony max. She ran to her room hoping Adhiraj would have left her room.

Adhiraj was in his room with his door wide open, keeping an ear on when Kaira returns to her room. Kaira changed into a comfy night suit.

 After changing her clothes she rushed down with a light single bed velvet blanket and settled on the sofa to watch it

"Umrao Jaan" Adhiraj settled on to the sofa beside her and laid down, keeping a hand behind his head. She nodded not tearing her eyes of the screen.

"Why are you watching such a sad movie?" He asked getting comfortable.

"When I feel to cry, I watch this movie. It just related so well with me" She spoke disconnected from the world.

"Kyun? Kisne tujhe dokha diya? (Why? Who betrayed you?)" Adhiraj asked teasing.

"Dhokha? Huh" She said sarcastically and looked at the sky above which was shedding tears on behalf of her.

"Aishwarya said this one thing that relates to me so much.

Hamne chooda tha zamaana jinhe paane ke liye

Lo woh hi chood chale hume zaamane ke liye.

(For whom I left the world,

Left me for the world.)

I've accepted the reality of my life Ranaji" She turned around and looked at him with tear-stricken face. Her answer changed the environment. Her vulnerable side peaked from its covers infront of him. She stood up with the blanket wrapped around her shoulders and leaned onto the window where the rain drops slid onto it.

"I betrayed a girl's trust especially when she needed me" He walked beside her and placed his hand beside hers on the window. She looked at him questioningly.

"Did you ask for forgiveness?" She asked wiping the tear.

"Hmm hmm" He refused.

"She moved away before I could apologize. Personally I don't think she should forgive me. I betrayed her trust when she came to me to seek comfort in me" Adhiraj looked at the window where the rain drops slid onto the window.

"You didn't try to look for her? You are a king so it should have been easy for you to find her" She curled herself in the blanket.

"Usse dhoondne nikla toh pata chala woh to koi aur ban gayi thi. The girl I knew was pagal, jhalli, padhaku. She could talk for 24 hours non-stop. Aap thak jao par woh na thake

(When I went to look for her, I realised she became another individual. The girl I knew was crazy, mad, nerdy. She could talk for 24 hours non stop. You'd get tired of her but she won't)" A smile formed on his face as he described the girl he betrayed. He couldn't tear away his gaze from Kaira's gaze.

"After finding her I found her drowned in work, her talks had stopped completely. She only replies to what she's asked. She's matured... thoda zyada hi. Woh pagalpanti, shaitani, hassi sab kho gaya aur shayad usse mein mera bhi kahi na kahi qasoor hai

(She matured.... A little too much. Her craziness, mischief, laugh... all got lost and somewhere I am responsible for it)" Kaira felt the pain in his voice.

"Aap gaye nahi usse manna ne? Kya pata shayad apko apki wali mehboob phir mil jati"

(You didn't go behind her to pacify her? Probably you ,might have got your lover back)" Kaira asked.

"Gaya tha ekbaar, magar tab tak kisi aur ne uske dil ke darwaaze par dastakh dedi thi

(I had gone once but till then someone else had knocked on the door of her heart)"A sad smile formed on his face.

"Where is she now?" 

"Kisi kone mein duniya ko avoid karti hui. Aise phirti hai jaise she has everything in control magar undar se nothing is in control

(In some corner of the world, avoiding the world. She roams around as if she has everything in control but from within nothing is in control)"  

"Isme uski bhi kya galti?  (What's her fault in this?)

When the world slams its door on your face you learn how to open new doors for yourself" Kaira replied lost in her world.

"Anyways chalo, let's watch something else" Adhiraj said seeing her getting lost somewhere.

"Am sleepy, you watch" She pulled the blanket and replied him with a smile.

"Tomorrow breakfast sharp at 7. You are making it" Adhiraj sat on the sofa surfing through the channel stopping on an english movie.

"Bedardi zaalim. Keede pade tujhe bade bade... Tujhe loosemotion bhi choote. (Heartless man. May big insects bite you, you suffer from diarrhea" She murmured to herself glaring at him.

"Kuch kaha?" Adhiraj heard her but decided to tease her.

"Nai Rana ji. Koi aur hukum hamare liye?" She asked sarcastically before calling him different animal names.

"Nai... Just this much for today" He replied smirking looking at the T.V.