The Artist

I don't know when it was that he caught my eye, but I've had a fixation on him ever since.

I feel like I can't remember a moment in my life when he wasn't on my mind. Like he's always been there. Our eyes met and that was the day that my feet left solid ground, from then I walked on air.

He was a strange soul. Ancient. From the curve of his face, to the way he spoke... Not to mention the striking contrast of his white skin to his black hair.

Even down to the way he carried himself. His stride, as I watch it now, is so deliberate and confident. His long legs were graceful like a dancer's. He was just right.. Perfect, the swell of his thighs down to his calves.. The amount of times I've tried to imagine him and what he may look like beneath those clothes was countless..

Maybe it was a good thing I never drew his face though.. Because the last time I sketched his fantastical muscle structure, he was peering over my shoulder..

Praising me for my realism.

I still remember the gasp that escaped me when he'd made me jump, only then for him to apologize all over himself.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to startle you!" He apologized with a laugh, although it was all so hushed, borderline whispering. "No no! It's alright.. It's just that the classroom was so quiet." I said with a laugh, to which he smirked "Off in your own little world again, (Y/n)?" He said, to which I bobbed my head to-and-fro, a silent confirmation.

"Well I'll um.. Allow you to get back to work, wouldn't want to spoil your last few minutes of class," He said with a gentle smile before turning from me to sauner back to his desk. "Not at all, Mr. Laufeyson," I said, catching his eye one last time before he'd walked away "I enjoy chatting with you! It's nice to get feedback," I say as I slip a chunk of hair behind my ear.

He paused, then smiled and nodded "Well come to me anytime if you need to.. You know my classroom is always open," He said, his eye contact with me making me swallow as my heart dared to jump into my throat and cough it up into his hand.

He'd feel it beating there, at least then it would be physically appropriate for how I'm feeling, since he's ensnared my heart and hasn't let it go since I first arrived in his class.

It's a cliche, I know, falling for your professor.. But I couldn't stop myself. Whether it be the danger of its forbidden nature or the idea of just him, but I just couldn't control the way my mind grabbed onto him and wouldn't let go.

It would even follow me into my dreaming hours. I still relish in those dreams of him and his touch as if they were memories. Dreams spurred on by his gentle touch. Sure it was just my shoulder in a professional manner, but it meant everything. And god did my mind take pride in exacerbating a simple touch into something so much more.

Which is why I sit here now, staring off into space as he attempted to introduce me and the class to a new medium.. But it seems that I was so off in my own little world, that I had missed the moment he called us to the front of the room for a closer demonstration.

So when he called out my name, I nearly jumped out of my skin. "Would you like to join us?" He asked playfully, causing the room to hum with stifled giggles. So with a burning face, I pushed through the crowd to observe.

Gathered in a crescent around him. Professor Loki Laufeyson commanded the classroom and it's occupants. Even the light in the room seemed to have his best interest in mind as it shined down on him and played on his sharp features.

Though one thing did throw me ever-so-slightly, and that was the matter of his attire. I was so used to seeing him in his professional suit jacket, button-up, and tie, that my heart nearly burst at his lack there of.