Drunken Decisions

// hello wattpad, I have returned to ruin South Park <3

Light shined through the glass-panelled ceiling as soft music encapsulated the room around them. White flowers danced among the sway of tender music. Brushing in the slight breeze of the room, petals fell gently from their stems. Wooden walls framed glass panels allowed light to enter the room as if it were claiming it as its own. White cushioned seats lay beneath each member who attended.
Dazzling light entered as the sun began to melt into the horizon. A white dress upon one, a snuggly fit tuxedo adorned on the other.

Clapping ensued as the couple shared a tender kiss. A kiss that tied the bonds between the two for what may be forever. A raven-haired man with his newly-formed wife.
Kyle had known Stan for his entire life. From the day he went to kindergarten up until now. Stan had been his ride-or-die. And while Stan and Wendy were no shocker to anyone to be the first of his friends to marry, it shook Kyle to his core. He was happy for Stan, sure, but a small part of him was afraid that he would be losing his best friend in the process. A greedy thought, to want someone all to yourself. But Stan deserved to be happy, and Kyle knew that. He accepted that. No matter what was to come, Stan would always be his best friend.

As the event came to a close, many of the attendees stuck around to mingle with the newly-wedded couple and past acquaintances that had not been seen for years. Kyle was one of the many. Though instead of mingling, he found himself sheltered away at the bar. Already a few drinks in, Kyle debated if he should go socialise as well. Big gatherings are not exactly his thing, but spending time with friends should not be so bad.
Hesitantly standing up to face the crowd, Kyle kept the drink close to him. Having something to hold helped tame the growing tension inside of him.

Aftering a bit of mindless wandering and sips of his drink, Kyle found himself among Stan and Kenny. Kenny made a joke or two about how Stan was totally getting laid tonight, earning himself uncomfortable laughing from Stan. Kyle missed hanging out like this with the both of them. Ever since high school graduation, it had been increasingly harder to meet up with any of his past friends. Luckily, through phone calls and late-night video games, Kyle was able to keep in contact with Stan and Kenny.
Stan had landed himself a wife and Kenny had a successful career. Kyle was not sure what he personally had accomplished over these years. Kyle was in the midst of college, studying to become a lawyer like his father. Although admittedly he hated it. Kyle had no idea what direction he wanted to take his life, so he let his family choose for him. Crossing his fingers that it will not bite him in the ass later.
Kyle swished the liquid in his cup around, peering into the glass, "Man," he sighed, "we really need to meet up in person more."
Kenny nodded excitedly, enthusiastic to make plans right on the spot. Stan smiled, "Actually Wendy and I are looking into moving in together soon, you should come visit when we have the house finalised."
"That sounds great dude," Kyle was ecstatic to hear that his friends felt the same. Although he secretly hoped that Wendy would not be home when the three of them hung out, he was just excited to spend quality time with his best friends in person for the first time in a while. "When do you guys expect to have the house?"
"Probably in a week or two," Stan chuckled a bit, and continued, "the housing market has never been the same here since Cartman got ahold of it years ago. It took us months to find one that was even somewhat affordable."
Cartman. A name he had not heard for years. Cartman and his mom completely disappeared only a year before they were set to graduate. Kyle was pretty sure Stan and Kenny kept in contact with him, but Kyle had never bothered to contact his former enemy. He had no reason to. He preferred it that way.
Kyle studied the glass in his hand once more. Tilting it, he could see the bottom of the glass as the liquid swayed to the side. A clear reminder that he was running low on alcohol.
"Hey, I'm going to go get another drink," Kyle announced to his friends.
"Get me one too!" Kenny declared as Kyle ducked his head back through the crowd.