Chapter 1

Once in the early years of October 10th, 1949, there had stood a lonely school in Tokyo known as "Ambre Elementary", but for a while, it's been closed.

"Ambre Elementary! It's a simple, enjoyable experience for everyone from kids to adults. We pride ourselves in helping the kids learn basic things like math, color theory, writing, art, and much more. Our classes are labeled with animals instead of teacher names not only so they can be more memorable, but also to make them more fun! Call us at 070-392-2919 if you wish to enroll your children into our living, laughing, and loving home to the best education we can offer." Read a stained poster torn off one of the light posts of the school.

Two adults look at the school in sorrow, tearfully sitting upon the lamp posts under the starry, pitch black sky with the crescent moon leaning over the two adults.

"I'm sorry Naomi, we couldn't do anything else." Said one adult as he put his hand on the other's shoulder.

"I know, but.. it's just that we worked so hard to make the school a thing in the first place." Said Naomi.

It was true, Naomi and his partner, Dan Wakabayashi, did work hard to have Ambre Elemntary exist in the first place, but it was too late now.

"Look, I get that, but we can't just sit here and worry about it. We have to move on sometime." Reminded Dan.

But Naomi didn't answer. He softly cried into her palms, prompting Hiroki to pat him on the back in an attempt to cheer him up. He then slowly stood up and looked down upon Naomi with a reassuring smile upon his face.

"Maybe we can go somewhere else, we could do something back in our homes." Offered Dan.

Naomi knew the school meant so much for him yet at the same time, he knew he couldn't stay forever so he sadly accepted the offer and then the two walked away from the school to their separate homes, no longer being partners in the school industry, but now jobless yet hopeful people in search of a way to make money for themselves. Flash forward to the somewhat futuristic year of October 10th, 2049, where the crescent moon still shines over the school where it still stood, dirtied up by its own abandonment. Cobwebs lined up the fencing and hallways, the lockers nearly filled themselves with dust, lost items from the former students had scattered the floors, the Halloween decorations seemed to be stained by the pressures of time itself, the fountain in the garden next to it was graffitied all over by teenager passerbys, and the school was lucky it wasn't destroyed to make way for a mall or an arcade or something else people would've wanted to see instead of some old, abandoned school that had seemed so depressing. But then the cobwebs rattled, the fountain's water vibrated, the rusty televisions turned themselves on to play flickering static mixed with garbled, fused clips of various shows from 1949, and the light posts had flickered wildly.
Suddenly, the school itself began to cover itself in mass amounts of smoke, covering the entirety of the school grounds. When the smoke finally dissipated, a spooky school with many accessories made of bones lining up the doors, the roof, and everywhere else had suddenly appeared where Ambre Elementary had used to be. Inside the school, one lone double-sided pencil had stood on the floor that had turned into a yellow and orange checkerboard with its squares being separated by stitched-on lines. Suddenly, the pencil shook, and it bounced on the floor, and then.. It began to transform. It steamed as it grew to be big, it formed a black body with a red and blue striped shirt, it began to make flat arms on the sides of its body along with black feet, and then it had gained a face.
On its face, it had two closed eyes with their eyelids matching the colors of the side of its head it laid on, the red and the blue side were separated with a big stitch that stretched all around the middle, and it had grew a small mouth too. However, it was still unconscious, so there was not much in which it could do. But then it slowly opened its eyes, revealing them to have black scleras and bright yellow pupils. It looked around the room, seeing the whole scenery.
The desks gained a bright color scheme instead of them all being brown and silver, the television in the room became one that was made entirely out of bones with a sleeping salamander skull snoring away on its pitch black screen, and the door seemed to be made entirely out of ribs. The pencil-headed person slowly stood up, looking around the place in confusion. Where was he? Why was he even in this strange room, and why this one specifically?
The pencil-headed person then walked towards the door made of giant ribs and at first attempted to push them open, but it yelped as it fell face-first onto the ground instead when the door simply opened itself. It then got back up and brushed its shirt. RATTLE, RATTLE, RATTLE!