Chapter 1

I walked through the cold hallway. I avoided any eye contact, not that I ever got any. I felt my heartbeat starting to speed up and my breathing beginning to get heavier. I walked as fast as I could without running. I need to get to class. Now. Please don't notice me. Please. Please. Please. "Whoa slow down there Kyra! Where are you headed so fast?" A loud, booming, voice echoed that made my heart drop to the ground. But I kept walking. Suddenly I was slammed into a locker. My books fell to the ground. The hallway filled with laughter. My eyes stung, my ears rang and my mind raced to try and make its way back to reality, but everything around me was a blur. Slowly I brought my hand to my head. Something sticky came off of my forehead and onto my skin. All I could make out was the color red. Was I bleeding? My head was pounding. I was thrown down onto the ground again with a loud thump and the sound of bones cracking. A fist came out of nowhere and into my jaw bone, hard. More laughter filled the crowded hallway as I continued to be beaten until my whole face was covered in blood. The consistency of it between my fingers was thick. I cried out but no one came to my side. The beating finally stopped when the sound of the bell rang thought out the school. Everyone rushed to class, leaving me lying on the ground. Alone. I began to cry. This happens everyday. Why am I not used to it by now? Why does this world hate me? Why does God hate me? Why am I so worthless? Somebody please tell me why...
I picked up my things slowly and headed to math class. When I walked into the room I noticed everyone trying to hold in laughter at the sight of me. My gaze went around the room and onto each face. I stopped at Drew. He had a smirk on his face. He's the one who did this. He had on jeans and a dark navy blue shirt that showed his lean muscular body shape. His dark brown eyes matched his dark brown windswept hair. His skin was flawless and he was tan. He was perfect, on the outside that is. "Kyra? Kyra answer me. Kyra!" I looked over at Mrs. Calvin sitting at her desk calling out to me. When we locked eyes she gave me a look letting me know to come over to her desk. "Kyra what happened?" She lowered her voice into a whisper. I was at a loss for words. "Kyra this happens everyday. I need an explanation. Somebody needs to know that this is going on." She explained. "No. I mean...I'm fine Mrs. Calvin. But thank you." I told her. She sighed. "Have a seat Kyra." I did as I was told. I ended up sitting next to Avery. She's one of the popular girls in school. Also one of the meanest. Towards the end of class while Mrs. Calvin was busy explaining some random math term that nobody was even paying attention to, she handed me a note. I didn't look up at her. Slowly I opened the piece of paper. The words written on the inside made me dizzy. Go kill yourself. Slut.