LION & MOUSE (SHORT SCREENPLAY)

FICTIONAL SHORT STORY "LION & MOUSE"

CHARACTERS:
- LION: tough, dominant,
- MOUSE: scared, fearful

LOCATIONS:
- DOVILLE: small village; home full of animals...

-------------------------------------------------------------
INT. LION CAGES - DOVILLE ZOO

(FADE IN; a large bulky lion sits in its enclosure; eating and chewing on a beef bone. THE LION enjoys his meal; and continues eating. SUDDENLY - a mouse enters the scene; smelling the scent of the bone. THE MOUSE crawls up above the concrete hole; and automatically notices the large lion. THE MOUSE looks shocked and scared; and puts its head on its paws in fear. It continues up and down at the lion; wanting the beef bone; but remaining too scared to face the lion. The lion continues eating. 5 mins later; the mouse becomes brave enough and quickly rushes inside the lion cage - behind the muscular, strong lion. The mouse breathes; then makes its way to the beef bone; trying to grab the beef bone with its little paws, thus failing to move it with its limiting strength. The lion notices the mouse; and grows angered at it; and tries to stomp it with its massive paw; the lion misses. The lion snarls at the mouse in annoyance; and tries to kill it with its paws and mouth. THE MOUSE runs too fast - grabbing the beef bone in struggle; managing to escape the lion's cage... THE LION roars in anger...)

(FADE OUT; end OF SCENE & STORY)