The Simplest Confession Ever

Philip sat in front of his favourite tree, that sat behind the park. It was his happy place, a place where he sat in silence. He rested his head on the trunk and studied the low hanging leaves. He closed his eyes, suddenly hearing a soft russling of the grass beside him. A light tap of his shoulder woke him up. He rubbed his eyes and looked beside him.

" Hey Philip. " Damien cooed, placing his hand on Pip's.

" Ah..! Hello, Dami. " He smiled weakly.

" I have a little gift for you.. actually..! " He stammered happily, blushing furiously and trying not to accidentally sent his gift on fire.

" How sweet! " Pip was no longer half-awake, and regained his energy as he sat up in front of him. Damien fiddled with the thorns of the rose that he hid away from him. His father had convinced him to tell Philip everything he felt, and he had seen people in the past confess in this way.

" It's a little corny, though. "

" That's even better! Oh, how splendid this day is already! " He giggled, turning Damien's face bright red, the exact same colour as the rose he got for him. He could feel something burning from behind him, so he decided just to give it to him. He thrusted it out in front of the both of them as flames licked up the rose.

" Ooh! Fire! It makes the rose look very much prettier. " His strong British accent brung a smile to Damien's face. " Very.. very much prettier? Very prettier.. no. Very pretty.. that doesn't make sense.. oh, bugger! " He grumbled, trying to think of the right words.

" Wow. Can't even form words now, can we? " Damien blew out the flame, leaving the flower charred.

" I guess not. " He sighed in defeat and took the rose, inspecting every petal. He glanced up at Damien. " What's the gift about then, aye? "

" Huh? What do you mean? "

" Did you just feel like giving me a gift, or did you want to tell me something? " Shit. Damien completely forgot why he got this present for him in the first place.

" Uhm..! Yeah, actually! I did want to tell you something.. "

" Well then, what was it? "

" It's.. it's embarrassing! "

" That's okay, Damien. You can tell me anything! "

" I-I was talking to my dad about you last night.. and he told me just to tell you everything that I felt about you.. so.. Philip, I'm so in love with you. I couldn't imagine my life without you, I want to be with you forever. I want to wake up next to you every day of my life. You give my life meaning. You give me purpose. Please accept my confession, but we can still be friends if you don't!! " Damien stuttered and stumbled through his words. Pip stared in suprise at him. Damien covered his face with his hands in embarrassment, there's no way he'd like someone like him back. He probably isn't even into guys.

" Wow. I never realised you felt that way, Damien. " He sighed. But it wasn't a tired out, 'this is stupid' sigh. No. It was a happy, 'I'm glad you told me this' sigh. That made Damien a little bit more hopeful.

" H-How do you feel? "

" I like you back, Damien. " Pip smiled contently. " It came as quite the shock that you would like someone like me. "

" Why wouldn't I?! "

" Well, you seem to really want more friends, and if you started dating me, I'm sure your reputation would soon fall. "

" Look Philip. I don't care about the others and what they think. I love you only, and if you become the only person who stays in my life, so be it. " Pip's eyes widened as tears grew in his eyes. He never heard such touching words. Ever since his parents passed, he never got much love or validation, but ever since he met Damien, he's felt as if he's ontop of the world.

" Damien..! Golly jee.. you're gonna make me cry! " He wiped his eyes with the back of his hand and stared at Damien happily.

" Please don't cry, my dear. " Philip giggled at the pet name. Pip crawled closer to Damien, so their faces were basically touching.

" Could I.. "

" Hm? What's up Philip? "

" Could I kiss you..? "

" Of course. " Their foreheads touched as they approached eachother's lips. Damien stalled, nervous. He hadn't kissed anyone before, not even his mother. Without warning, Philip kissed him softly. He cupped Damien's face in his hands as they both stared lovingly into eachother's eyes.

" Wow.. " Damien gasped in awe. He had always dreamt about being together with Pip, but now it happened, it all feels so unreal. Pip giggled lightly, snapping Damien out of his trance.

" Well, what does that make us then? "

" I... I guess we're boyfriends, if you want. "

" Oh I'd love that, Damien. "