Chapter 1: A Hero or Horror?

A/N

This story is a revised version of one I had previously deleted for personal reasons. The premise is slightly different from the previous version. In the old version, Izuku was a hitman trying to live a normal life (lots of John Wick themes), but this one features more supernatural shenanigans / eldritch horror vibes.

This story is sort of experimental, as I am trying to write something a little different from the usual themes I am good at. Feel free to give me your thoughts on the story so I can improve it as needed.

My writing motivation is kind of fickle at the moment, so there might be times where new chapters are posted quickly, and others where there will be long delays. Just letting yall know ahead of time.

Thanks for reading, I hope you all enjoy.

-----------------------------------------------------

Itsuka Kendo, pro-hero and veteran of over a hundred battles, stood helplessly as the metal sentinel blocked her way.

"Dammit!" Itsuka cursed under her breath as she rummaged around in her handbag in front of the ticket gate. "I can't believe I left my train pass at home!"

Itsuka Kendo, also known as the pro-hero Battle Fist, is of medium height and has an athletic build. She has teal eyes, fair skin, and long orange hair that currently is pulled into a ponytail. Currently she is wearing a business casual outfit consisting of black dress shoes, black slacks, a turquoise blouse that matches her eyes, and a small handbag.

She was dressed up more than normal, the reason being she was going to the Hero Commission offices for her monthly performance review. While she was in fine standing with the Hero Commission, it still did not look good to show up late to your own performance review.

Growling and cursing, Itsuka looked back at the steps up to the station lobby where the ticket machines were.

"It's my own damn fault for staying up so late trying out that new black coffee blend." She thought to herself. "I woke up behind schedule, got to the station late, and now I don't even have time to run back and get a ticket before my train leaves. I should have just gotten a cab if I knew it was going to end up like this!"

Sighing dejectedly, Itsuka was just about to grab her smartphone and call the Hero Commission office when someone politely got her attention.

"Excuse me miss." A man's voice said warmly. "I think you need this."

Turning around, Itsuka saw a man in a tailor-made business suit offering her a train ticket.

"Wha?" The frazzled pro-hero said in confusion.

The man was taller than her, and honestly was easy to look at. He had green hair cut stylishly short while somehow still looking professional, a lean but muscular physique, and emerald green eyes that seemed to sparkle with warmth.

"A ticket for the train." The man clarified. "You seem to be in a rush, and I have plenty of time to get a new one."

Breaking out of her stress-induced musings, Itsuka gave the man a wary look. "I appreciate the thought...sir, but I don't know you or trust you."

The announcement for Itsuka's train sounded over the station speakers, making her twitch slightly and glance at the train platform just out of reach.

The man nodded sagely. "Understandable. If you truly don't want the ticket I will be on my way." The man chuckled. "I just felt bad because I have been in the same sort of situation myself, and I figured it wouldn't hurt to pay a good deed forward. My ticket is a one day city pass, so it should get you to where you need to go. Are you really sure you don't need it? You can have mine, no need to pay me back."