51 (Short)

"If you don't sit yo big ass down somewhere, Sasha

"If you don't sit yo big ass down somewhere, Sasha." Kasie rubbed her temples, mugging Sasha as she penguin walked around the baby's room, trying to find something to do.

"Why are you so mean?" Sasha stuck up her middle finger at Kasie, plopping down in the rocking chair in the corner of the room with a pout on her face.

"Because your hard headed and finna burst with my nephew. Go bounce on a ball or something." Kasie shook her head, sighing as her phone rang. A smile immediately gracing her face as Jayson's name popped up.

"Hi baby." She chirped with her mood immediately changing.

"This bitch." Sasha mumbled, side-eyeing Kasie while she shook her head.

"Wassup mama, what you doing?" Jayson asked, laying back on the medical table as Nick massaged out his legs to make sure he was in tip-top shape for the championship series.

After a gruesome two months of back-to-back games within the finals series, the Celtics prevailed and were now on their way to complete in the championship series against the Nuggets.

Jayson, Kasie, and everyone else in the world knew and felt that the Celtics had it in the bag for this season, but the Celtics players still knew that they had to treat it like any other game. Becoming cocky about winning too quickly, as seen in the past, could lead to the downfall of a great team, and that was something they did not want to experience.

"Finishing up Sasha's hospital bags. When are you going to be back?" She asked, knowing that he had a couple days in before the championship finals. During this whole process, as promised, Kasie and Jayson were there for each other, communicating heavily, and supporting each other in their endeavors at all times.

"I'll be back tonight, we got tomorrow for just us." He smiled, thinking about how much he wanted to spend some sit down time with his baby. Then he planned to spend Tuesday with Deuce & Kasie since Deuce would get back from his mini-vacation with Mariah by that time.

"Ou, okay." She smiled. "You have anything planned or are we just chilling?" She zipped up the bag, pushing it up against the wall before starting on Sasha's personal bag. Standing up, she made her way downstairs so she could make some frozen aloe pads that she read about and got recommended a lot online.

"Um, I have a couple things in mind, but nothing set in stone." He thought about it for a second.

"Okay- oh, Avery, how am I supposed to make these again?" She put her phone on speaker as she spoke to the executive producer of the reality show. Over the past couple months, Kasie and the rest of the family had managed to get closer to the production crew.

"You have the witch hazel?" Avery asked, walking over to the kitchen island with a large box of pads.

"Um, I did, but I had to get Jordan to grab some of the alcohol free bottles." She nodded.

"Okay. We can start on the aloe vera, and then add the witch hazel whenever she gets here." She nodded.

"And the oil, um, where is it." Kasie mumbled, looking through the different cabinets. "Sasha! Where's the lavender oil?!" She shouted since she was in the living room.

"In the cabinet above the stove!" She shouted back, continuing to bounce on her maternity ball while watching 'Scandal'.

Kasie nodded, having to climb onto the counter to get into the cabinet since it was high up and she didn't feel like asking for help.

About fifteen minutes later, Jordan walked through the house with a couple bottles of alcohol-free witch hazel, meaning Kasie & Avery were able to finish up the padsicles for Sasha and store them in the freezer until she gave birth.

Being that her due date was June 8th, Kasie was making sure that they didn't procrastinate when it came down to preparation, especially since her midwife kept hinting that due to the size of the baby, he would more than likely come a little before his due date. Sasha's cervix were already starting to soften, so that also meant that there was a strong possibility that she would give birth before her due date.

Kasie continued to chill for the day and talk with Jayson until she had to go back to her office to finish up some paperwork. During her time, she found something that she honestly thought she had lost, and that was the note with Symone's information on it.

After a moment or more of just staring at it, Kasie made sure to stuff the note into her pocket before heading back to her house. Hoping on a call with Dr. Dubose, they spoke briefly about the possible outcomes and what she wanted to do in the end when it came down to contacting her birth parents, and by the time they had finished conversing, Kasie decided that she did indeed want closure.

She felt herself evolving and moving into a new phase within her life, so it was in her best interest to make sure that all of her questions from her previous phase were answered before she completely moved on.

She didn't know when she wanted to do it, rip off the bandaid, but she did know that it would have to be soon. She didn't want to dwell on her childhood, and she for damn sure wasn't about to let it affect and hold her back as much as it had been before.

It was time for a completely new start, and speaking with them would have to be the first step. Everything after that would just have to fall in line and hopefully have beneficial effects. Hopefully.

happy birthday, to me 🙃. although it feels like a regular day, i'm still appreciative that i am able to see another year. 3-14 🖤🫶🏾