Chapter 1

The world as we know it isn't perfect but somehow, we manage to get through. Yes, there's problems in the world and in some situations, people are trying to fix them, and others don't care. Here's the kicker, that's where the chaos begins. It's here when both sides collide and fight against each other. Different views, morals, and definitions of strong words like "opinion." What are all these things and how do they correlate with each other? Well, that's up to the individual reading this right now. All I can do is give you the book definition. What do these words mean to you reader? Need some help, no worries! I'll give you some time to think about it. In the meantime, I'll give the book definition of these words. Maybe this will help you while you're thinking. Let's start with different views; now what could I possibly mean by that. You might think, "but author isn't that what morals are?" No, they are different, but they do correlate with each other. Easy reader, we'll get to that soon enough. Now, back to different views, what I'm talking about is simply perspective. Are you sitting by someone? If so, think about what their perspective of life could be, if not then think about someone you know whom you are close to. Can you envision what their world is? No? That's okay, some people can't do it naturally but it's the attempt you made that counts. You did attempt right? If not, then this self-reflection might come shocking to you. Well, I'll just delude myself to think that you attempted. So, good job, it's not an easy thing to do! We all go through different things in life that give us different views. Most go through hard times that give us different experiences, so we have different outputs on li-

*BOOM*

A sudden explosion shook my whole apartment. "What the hell is going?" A thought that slipped out verbally. I sit my laptop on my bedside table and rush to the window. Looking outside, all I see is smoke and a, what is that? "A TANK?!" I stumble ack wondering what is going on. I need to get out of here and get somewhere safe. I gather my emergency bag and rush downstairs to my flat mate's apartment to make sure she is okay. Knocking at her door, I see her beautiful german shepherd run towards me. "Duke!" I call out to him, as he runs behind me whimpering. "What is it boy?" I ask the trembling guard dog who never showed fear in anything before. My stomach sank. Something wasn't right. I looked through the window to see if I can see my flat mate. There...was someone on top of her. I can't tell what's going on in there. That's when I see it, a trail of blood from the back door which was wide open. What now? My mind is racing, my stomach is saying to run but my mind is telling me to help her. Her, her, her, I can't even think of "her" name. I glance at Selina, that's right, Selina. I'm starting to calm down now and process what I see in front of me. How? I'm not sure. What I see...is the person? No, what looks to be a person eating Selina as if they're some kind of... monster. I step away from the window slowly trying not to call attention to myself. I look at Duke and usher him back upstairs to my apartment. I make sure everything is locked and secure the doggy door I made for Duke. I take a deep breath and check my phone, no missed calls. I make sure my phone is on silent mode and make my calls to my family and friends. No one picked up till my aunt did. "Hello? Where are you? What you're all together? Everyone? What is going on?" All questions I asked, and my aunt responded with, "We're at the airport, didn't you see the news?" I of course say no, and she explains further, "Where are you? Are you safe? Have you seen what's going on outside? Kace listen to me; I don't know how but people are turning and eating others alive. Survivors are at the airport, and we are flying out. If you can make it here, then come as quick as you can." "You're shitting me, right? Who the hell watched too many movies and too many damn books and decided to make zombies a thing?!" I whisper-yell knowing too well what might happen if I get too loud. "I'm on my way, I will see you soon. If I don't, tell everyone I love them and to make sure they get on that plane." I can hear my aunt starting to tear up, she agrees and tells me to be safe and everyone said they loved me too. I gather some more food in my bag that won't slow me down. Right now, is a good time to appreciate my grandparents and the way they stored food. Once I packed what I could, I ushered Duke along and we left the apartment as fast and silently as we could.